What would get you to play at FragBU?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Lately FragBU has been lacking attendance more than ever. We're looking for suggestions on how we can improve FragBU and draw in more people.

Any ideas are welcome, whether it is opening the server to the public, changing up the map list or gametypes, adding or removing mutators, or anything else you can think of.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Advertise FragBU starting on Thursday's on the front page so it gives people a chance to see the info. When it was advertised we had a full server for hours.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
a fat bag of weed on my computer desk and nothing else to do.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Advertise FragBU starting on Thursday's on the front page so it gives people a chance to see the info. When it was advertised we had a full server for hours.
Very good point. The one week we did advertise it, plenty of people showed up both nights.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Unfortunetly there is nothing you can do to get me to play more. The game is just a hassle to play online in its current state. Offline play is where I will be, as it seems the shoddy mouse control, and uneven crosshairs just dont seem as ugly when playing against bots. I will still be on TS though to have many lawls.

EDIT: Those sneaky bastards, seems they fixed the crosshairs. Just noticed the shots line up correctly no matter if your weapons are shown or hidden. Well done. Now lets fix the mouse control and I may just give this game another chance.

Last edited:

-n7-

May 12, 2006
Edmonton, AB
I don't really enjoy CTF in UT3.

TDM/WAR sure.

I used to attend basically every single UT2k4 BU event...but eh, things change.

What about doing UT2k4?

pinnacle

Jan 22, 2008
I just have no motivation to play this game. The more I play it the less fun it becomes. Too many little things are wrong with it and I just feel like there's no point for me to boot it up and suffer through all those things considering how rare it is to find a good game.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
A ticket to the states and a place to crash

Yups that would be about it for me as well, the pings just arnt playable, not that I would expect that being so far away from the servers :p

I would perhaps suggest adding the server status to the frontpage, under the tab or on the bottom right where the IP is. Playercounts, current map, stuff like that would probably help some :)

Oh and fileworks links to all the custom content on the server so people can download it before hand!

Last edited:

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Sorry to be captain obvious here, but the game is more likely to be the cause. UT2004 kept the FBU community alive.
I'm not an idiot. Of course this is related to the game. That is the reality we live in, and I'm trying to keep FragBU going for as long as I can.