Post your stats.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Not a bad site. I wonder how hard it'd be to make a PHP script for that sort of stuff...

But yeah, same problems Wormbo mentioned. And I wonder why powerup times are reported in raw seconds as opposed to hh:mm:ss, which would make a bit more sense.

In73gr4L

Jan 22, 2008
I came across that site a day or two ago. It's quite good but it would be nice if the links (weapons, turrets etc) in the individual stats pages worked.

BTW the difference between the domination of hitscan in 2k3/2k4 and that of rox/flak in ut3 is that the latter makes it reasonably easy for a much broader range of players to get frags. The former makes you want to play Camper of Duty 4 so that you can actually frag people.

Last edited:

DD

Goober
May 29, 2000
Would you say 99 was balanced? It really depends on your definition of balanced. All of the weapons were lethal and could be whored to one's delight. Now if you played on LAN or with really low ping, Mini and pulse ruled all, which doesnt exactly scream balance...

I'd still take those weapons back in a heartbeat though. I thinkn the ut3 goo is more useful than the 99 one, but the rest were probably better.

I think one of the main problems with UT3 TDM at least the way it is played on pubs (which pretty much is mostly the way it seems to be played anyways) is that there is no Friendly Fire.

In UT99 many of the popular servers had at least 20% FF and in clan matches and clan servers it was either 50% or 100%. That completely changes the way the game is played. Right now it is simply to easy to spam rox, flak and even goo and not worry any consequences. UT99 was fairly balanced but overall the weapons were largely overpowered other than the ripper and goo. UT3 would be greatly improved with FF servers IMO, until then spam away! :)

Last edited:

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
ff doesn't belong on pubs for the most part, I think most people would rather not be teamkilled over and over by their team full of freshly installed console migrants... the average level of pub players in ut3 is such that you would NOT want their misfires to end up in your death.

DD

Goober
May 29, 2000
ff doesn't belong on pubs for the most part, I think most people would rather not be teamkilled over and over by their team full of freshly installed console migrants... the average level of pub players in ut3 is such that you would NOT want their misfires to end up in your death.

Well it seemed to work ok in UT99 and UT2k4. Of course even then it was a small % of pubs, but still they were available and the better players seemed to congregate there. Noobs who showed up usually left after they getting owned over and over again.

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
Well it seemed to work ok in UT99 and UT2k4. Of course even then it was a small % of pubs, but still they were available and the better players seemed to congregate there. Noobs who showed up usually left after they getting owned over and over again.

people are dumber these days though :(

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
people are dumber these days though :(
Truth.

I love FF at 100%, it makes team work that much more important. The average pub player would hate FF being on, as Leth pointed out, the console kiddies aren't used to having to think about what they're doing, just point and click and not worry.

TimbreWolf

Aug 19, 2008
My stats haven't been updated in months. I thought it was just the enemydown site but I checked in game recently and it's the same. I have been playing on official servers.

Anyone know how to fix this?

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site

Yeah. The problem now is that the community is simply too anemic to support a TDM pub with hardcore settings. Not enough people who like that sort of thing are ever on at the same time, so the only option is to hit up a casual server since all the game's skill levels working together can still manage to fill one of those up occasionally.

In73gr4L

Jan 22, 2008
TimbreWolf, specifically which servers have you been playing on. Many official servers such as Midway run (UK) servers do not have their stats logged on enemydown's page. This is because they use a deceptive exploit to get their non-pure server listed on the pure server listings.

TimbreWolf

Aug 19, 2008
It should be a little icon on the left-hand side, if memory serves me correctly.

Thanks, I'll look out for it.

TimbreWolf, specifically which servers have you been playing on. Many official servers such as Midway run (UK) servers do not have their stats logged on enemydown's page. This is because they use a deceptive exploit to get their non-pure server listed on the pure server listings.

Hmm, I'm in Ireland so I would use UK/NW Europe servers. Can't remember off the top of my head but I think I have used Midway before so that could be it.

Cheers.