UT3 crashes to the hell and back.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
It all started when I got the new NVidia drivers. Probably they didn't work really well with an 8500 GT which I have.

Almost all the UT3 maps crash after they load. Sometimes it's just a normal error, or I get a BSOD+automatic reboot. Only UT3 gave me problems with the new drivers, while the other games played smooth or there was just no differences.

Before getting the new drivers, UT3 never crashed for me, even at full World/Texture details (and it was very playable considering I don't even have a Dual Core processor).
Now I have uninstalled them and I'm now using the old ones. Unfortunately UT3 still crash like mad, while the other games play obviously less smooth like before.

I also tried to re-install UT3 (before uninstalling the new drivers) but to no avail. Only if I put World Detail to 1, there are no crashes, but before there were really none at all.

I'm so desperate and I don't know what to do...

Firos12

Mar 11, 2008
I am running the latest drivers on the same video card as well as the NVIDIA PhysX patch, but I'm really not experiencing crashes like that. Mine revolves mainly around engine problems. Also, did you remember to get the drivers before installing UT3 the first time? did you remember to get rid of all files associated with UT3 before installing it again? even any registry items? try the few things I mentioned and see if that works, if nothing else there is a certain action in the ini file that may be causing it. Go into your documents and then My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UT Game/Config/UTEngine.ini search for PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled and set this to true if it's false. Give that a try and see what happens.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I told you that pack was bull**** and you said it wasn't.
I didn't install these drivers (i dont have nvidia though), one solution can be to completelly uninstall drivers and THEN installing them from scratch, it helped me at some situation.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
It's still not since it's happening only to me due to the crappy card I have.

Nothing happened. Re-installation of the game didn't help, although I have to try removing even the MyGames stuff.

If that doesn't work, then I'll just have to re-install everything from scratch (drivers and maybe even Windows).

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Nothing happened. Re-installation of the game didn't help, although I have to try removing even the MyGames stuff.

If that doesn't work, then I'll just have to re-install everything from scratch (drivers and maybe even Windows).

Drivers will do it I think.