Need Origional music for new map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
I will be releasing a new Monster Hunt map soon.

I would rather use some new origional music from the community then some old overused song.

Does any one on this board create their own music for UT they would like to submit for the map?

I am open to all types/genres - prefer metal over techno.

May the best one win! :D

War_Master

May 27, 2005
I like to listen to Metal a lot and I do like it but, in games, I really dislike it combined with MH or any type of gameplay. One example and proof is the HellFire maps (no offense Derd) where I hear people complain a lot about that metal song and only the players that have the music Off actually finish the map. I have not seen otherwise but I do recommend you to use other type of music than a Metal song. I bet your map is gonna be great since its taken that long for improvements and all I'm trying to do is give you a pointer of what is not likeable in a MH map to many players... Just my last 2 cents.

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
I will only uswe the music if i can import it like normal. I don't want to have any extra mod added.

If you say metal is a bad idea, i will believe you.
I never listen to the UT music. I always play with Itunes running. "listening to metal" lol
But the map needs to be 100% complete so i must add some music.
Thanks both of you. I will check out that site.
Any one else has something they created please post.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Thankfully, importing those tracker files into umx files is a simple process.

What module format can be imported ? Mod and XM ? Or do later formats like IT work ?

Derdak2rot

DVD2r
Jan 8, 2005
France
I like to listen to Metal a lot and I do like it but, in games, I really dislike it combined with MH or any type of gameplay. One example and proof is the HellFire maps (no offense Derd) where I hear people complain a lot about that metal song and only the players that have the music Off actually finish the map. I have not seen otherwise but I do recommend you to use other type of music than a Metal song. I bet your map is gonna be great since its taken that long for improvements and all I'm trying to do is give you a pointer of what is not likeable in a MH map to many players... Just my last 2 cents.

true , reall bad choice i did with this music on the second version of the map , but is still players complaining about the third version ?

true also that metal music doesnt really fit in number of occasions , unless it helps the theme and atmosphere ( like gothic castle darkish maps or whatever )..

I know IT and S3M work. I presume XM and MOD would as well.

both works of course , but sometimes doesnt loop correctly , theres still possibility to tweak via modplug tracker

I will be releasing a new Monster Hunt map soon.

:cheers: Kortnie !!!

Last edited:

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
"*pimpslap*"

:lol::lol::lol:
I just want it as simple as possible.
Less crap to deal with the better. I dont want it to stream from some site that may or may not be around down the road. All self contained is better IMHO. :tup:

The metal soundtrack makes more sence to me then some chilled out techno song though. My map is full of monsters coming at you and it is a dark sewer theme map.
But I will listen to anything any one has. I just want something that fits the maps mood.

War_Master

May 27, 2005
My friend made an actor that can play a different song in a map. What it does is that if anyone that has the music file that the Actor is suppose to play, it will play that song instead of the one the map requires. The advantage is that it wont force anyone to download the other music file and that if people that dont have it installed will just hear the Song that the map is set to play.

The only map released with the actor is one I made long ago and I still have it in case you want to use that actor in your map so you can hear your Metal song. Whats the advantage of this actor? 100% ;)

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
No! Is there's one and only thing you should get by Kevin, is Strident (which doesn't even fit MH). The rest sucks balls.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
you two

.ogg isn't even supported by UT
we're talking TRACKER music here.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
DarkPulse's right!!!!!!
Erm..........anyway I use xmplay too for playing mod files, it is best in my opinion although i have old version.

Ogg vorbis can be converted to mod like files even.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I have converted one ogg file, originally to be used even for my project or the ut classic pack3, but didn't get in there, I only used it at my serpentine server at Unreal back in 2006, I can upload it though, because it's nowhere to get..