A Little SNOT For UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Wod Mod Pod spotlights the MSUC weapon entry from Kangus - the SNOT Launcher! The Sentient Nefarious Organic Tarydium gun does just what the name implies... it shoots snot-like goo that will hop around and actively seek out your opponent!

There's also news of a mutator pack that turns UT3's double-jump into a single-jump and also causes players to ragdoll instead of taking fall damage. Sounds funny!

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/c3_screenshots/newproxydisplay_.jpg

Mmmmm... Proxies.

Actually the SNOT is based on my Bunny Bomber back from original flavor UT, although admittedly the SNOT turned out a tad more Proxy-like due to time constraints.

Can't wait for Chaos 3.
[SCREENSHOT]http://wod.beyondunreal.com/OldSites/mods/pix/bunnybomber1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] [SCREENSHOT]http://wod.beyondunreal.com/OldSites/mods/pix/bunnybomber2.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Classic stuff. First, we got the Proxies, my single favorite UT weapon of all time. Then, with UC2, we got the Bio-Hopping thingos. Now, we have the SNOT. Hmm. I'm detecting a pattern...

Last edited:

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
To imply he stole the idea from the ChaosUT proxy mines is ridiculous...

It was the UC2 BioRifle that had the hopping globs! :D

Seriously, I loved the Bunny Bomber mutator when I played around with it in UT1. :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
To imply he stole the idea from the ChaosUT proxy mines is ridiculous...

It was the UC2 BioRifle that had the hopping globs! :D

Seriously, I loved the Bunny Bomber mutator when I played around with it in UT1. :)
:lol:

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Kangus : any chance your ragdoll-falling code is related to my SpeedBump mutator code?

I played speedbump and liked the concept, but I hated going ragdoll from being shot. You could just knock someone over, then kill them too quickly.

I hate falling to my death in a shooter game. I liked the idea of no falling damage, only falling ragdoll. So I made Falldoll. You inspired me, thanks.

I saw that the hoverboard tells the player to go into ragdoll mode so I:

Code:
if (UTPawn(injured).Physics != PHYS_RigidBody)
     UTPawn(injured).ForceRagdoll();

If you don't mind my asking, how'd you do it?

Last edited:

R.Flagg

Feb 15, 2000
Visit site
Yeah. We've been lucky to have them remain so popular. I hope they never go away.

Can't wait for Chaos 3.

Kind of you, thanks. Sadly though, that may not happen, due to our failure (thus far) to find enough coding talent for the project.

Interested?