UT2Vote + Elimination mode?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gioggiolo

Jun 21, 2008
Hello, i'm trying UT2Vote and i like it. Compliments for your mutators :)

Is it possible to disable the maps voted? Like the "Elimitation Mode" in the standard "Map Voting"?

Another 3 questions please :)
It possible to have all maps available in ClanMode? Limits is only 10 :(
Can the SemiAdmin Pause/UnPause?
How can i add a new GameType in "[UT2Vote57.UT2VoteGameTypes]" without rebooting the server?

P.S.
I think ClanSetup has a bug, it doesn't save/load as default the option "WeaponStay".

Last edited:

Gioggiolo

Jun 21, 2008
Is it possible to disable the maps voted? Like the "Elimitation Mode" in the standard "Map Voting"?
For this question, i think i solved by setting "MapLimits=20".
But This option removes the maps from the list until they are again available.
I would want to see these maps as disabled, otherwise when a player joins the server, he doesn't know all the maps that there are in.
For example if the map "VCTF-BinarySpace][" is voted, it is removed from the list according the "MapLimits=20". But if a new player joins, he doesn't know that "VCTF-BinarySpace][" is in the server.

I hope you understand what i mean :shy:

Gioggiolo

Jun 21, 2008
I think i can do the same thing by creating a new Game "Clan War" and using SemiAdmin rights. Just i need the feature Pause/Unpause for the SemiAdmin. :(

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
having disabled maps shown with maplimits active, isn't possible, afaik. Maybe they are on the bottom of the list? Anyway it's a good idea for 5.8
Pausing for Semi-Admin isn't implented yet. shouldn't be a hard thing, and is a good idea for 5.8
There should be all maps available in clan-mode (clan-match setup?). Please check your gametype-settings and the the maplist-settings.
For adding gametypes, the server has to be rebooted. It has to be for all changes in the ini.
regarding the clansetup-bug, does that happen, if you saved the current setup as default setup? all other settings are saved corectly? You can only save one default setting at all.

hth :)

Gioggiolo

Jun 21, 2008
There should be all maps available in clan-mode (clan-match setup?). Please check your gametype-settings and the the maplist-settings.
All maps are available but only 10 maps can be added for a clan match. During a clanmatch, If i needed more maps(in addition to the selected 10), i should stop the clanmatchn, change the maps and restart the clanmatch.
Anyway if Semiadmin could pause the game, i didnt need to use the ClanSetup. I would use a diffent Game.

Another thing that i dont like in clansetup is(dunno if i do something wrong):
For example i have 2 game ("Public VCTF" and "Clan VCTF"), the server is running "Public VCTF" and the ClanSetup is set as "Clan VCTF". When i start a clanmatch, the "Public VCTF" is stopped and the ClanSetup runs the "Clan VCTF".But when i stop the ClanMatch, the server doesnt put back the old game "Public VCTF" but it remains in "Clan VCTF".
I hope u understand what i mean.

For adding gametypes, the server has to be rebooted. It has to be for all changes in the ini.
yes, but i hoped to add new games profiles(in GameSetup) without restarting the server :(
Another good idea is the possibility to select the mutators for each Game (directly in GameSetup). Atm that is possible only by editing the ini and restarting the server. (its annoying to restart a server if some player are playing)

regarding the clansetup-bug, does that happen, if you saved the current setup as default setup? all other settings are saved corectly? You can only save one default setting at all.
It saves correctly all settings except "WeaponStay" that is always saved as False.

Thank Your for reply :)

Last edited:

Gioggiolo

Jun 21, 2008
i have another bug (i think).
I have created 2 Game profile

1) GameType=(GameName="Public VCTF",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=20,ServerName=,UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="VCTF-BinarySpace",MapPrefix="VCTF",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xVehicleCTFGame",Mutators="utcompv17a.MutUTComp,AntiTCC119Beta26.MutAntiTCCFinal,MantarunAssist.mutMantarunAssist,ServerBots2.ServerBots,ServerColor.ServerColor,ServerDetails.ServerDetails,ServerLogo4a.MutServerLogo,UAdminModV095b.UAdminMod,UT2k4ScoreRecovery_v3.MutUT2k4ScoreRecovery_v3,UTANBanManager103.MutUTAN,Zound54.Zound",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=6?MaxPlayers=20?MaxSpectators=5?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=0?Difficulty=5?AirControl=0.35?bCustomGame=True?Tickrate=30")

2) GameType=(GameName="Clan VCTF War",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName=,UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="VCTF-BinarySpace",MapPrefix="VCTF",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="XGame.xVehicleCTFGame",Mutators="utcompv17a.MutUTComp,AntiTCC119Beta26.MutAntiTCCFinal,MantarunAssist.mutMantarunAssist,ServerColor.ServerColor,ServerDetails.ServerDetails,ServerLogo4a.MutServerLogo,UT2k4ScoreRecovery_v3.MutUT2k4ScoreRecovery_v3,DemoRecord41.DemoRecord,UTANBanManager103.MutUTAN",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=0?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=8?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Tournament=0?GamePassword=war?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=0?Difficulty=5?Tickrate=30?AirControl=0.35?bCustomGame=True")

As u can see "Clan VCTF War" game is setup with a password.
If i force (as admin) any maps the server is locked (the password works!),
instead if a map is voted (majority vote) the server is not locked (the password doesn't work!!!). :(

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
It saves correctly all settings except "WeaponStay" that is always saved as False.
mmm... looking at the code, I see you are right about this.
Pity it was never reported before as no there is not much than can be done now.
Sorry about that :(

If i force (as admin) any maps the server is locked (the password works!),
instead if a map is voted (majority vote) the server is not locked (the password doesn't work!!!).
In a manner of speaking, this is more or less correct.
When a map is voted, the next "voted" level is seen as a continuation of the current one hence no password is necessary.
Oh and if you are setting a ClanMatch, then that ?GamePassword will have no effect as you need to set an overall Clan GamePassword.
Also each player nickname will have the password cached so they will not be asked for another password.
As a matter of interest what happens if nobody votes, and the server just switches to the next level choosing a map from either the maplist or a random map ?

**** EDIT ****

Actually just checkin the code more thoroughly I see he Weaponstay is saved and recalled.
You will see the 3 possible games saved default in the UT2Vote57.ini file as:
XClanWeapStay[0]=1
XClanWeapStay[1]=1
XClanWeapStay[2]=0

Also here in its default commandline:
Code:
XClanCommandsA=?GoalScore=4?TimeLimit=20?Tournament=0?PlayersMustBeReady=True?MaxLives=0?MinPlayers=0?MaxPlayers=8?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True[b]?Weaponstay=True[/b]?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=True?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NumBots=1?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GamePassword=whatever?ClanMatch=1
Any entry with an X in front designates a Default saving.

What you need to do is check the UT2Vote57.ini file to see if Weaponstay=1 here in each case, and then check the UT2004.log file (stop server) for the game commandline to see if the ?Weaponstay=True is there.
In all cases a "1" is the sames a "True" and a "0" is the same as "False" - just a binary interpretation :)

Last edited:

Gioggiolo

Jun 21, 2008
Thank you for reply :)
About ClanSetup, its my fault. I didn't know that the settings are saved as Default Setup only if the ClanMatch is started. I thought it was possible to save the ClanSetup settings in any moment (also without starting the ClanMatch).

ProAsm said:
As a matter of interest what happens if nobody votes, and the server just switches to the next level choosing a map from either the maplist or a random map ?
I have just tried and, in random maps, the password works correctly.
I say correctly because if a password is set, it should always work (like the default ut2004 vote). :shy:

Gioggiolo said:
1) It possible to have all maps available in ClanMode? Limits is only 10
All maps are available but only 10 maps can be added for a clan match. During a clanmatch, If i needed more maps(in addition to the selected 10), i should stop the clanmatchn, change the maps and restart the clanmatch.

2) Can the SemiAdmin Pause/UnPause?
Anyway if Semiadmin could pause the game, i didnt need to use the ClanSetup. I would use a diffent Game instead of ClanMatch.

3) Another thing that i dont like in clansetup is(dunno if i do something wrong):
For example i have 2 game ("Public VCTF" and "Clan VCTF"), the server is running "Public VCTF" and the ClanSetup is set as "Clan VCTF". When i start a clanmatch, the "Public VCTF" is stopped and the ClanSetup runs the "Clan VCTF".But when i stop the ClanMatch, the server doesnt put back the old game "Public VCTF" but it remains in "Clan VCTF".
I hope u understand what i mean.

4) For this question, i think i solved by setting "MapLimits=20".
But This option removes the maps from the list until they are again available.
Is it possible to disable the maps already played instead to remove them from the list?

5) yes, but i hoped to add new games profiles(in GameSetup) without restarting the server
Another good idea is the possibility to select the mutators for each Game (directly in GameSetup). Atm that is possible only by editing the ini and restarting the server. (its annoying to restart a server if some player are playing)

Please can u implement any of quoted features?
If u fix the password bug (if its a bug), i'm really interested to 4) and 2) that should be easy to make. And if u can also the 5) but i think it requires a lot of time.
So if u solve the password problem and implement the 4) and 2)... i will be really happy :)

Thank you anyway :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok I will answer what i can but first I must say at this stage any mods / requests / fixes are not possible as we dont have UT2004 installed any more, hence no compiler and no test server and except maybe for Socke, no team left either for testing.
1) It possible to have all maps available in ClanMode? Limits is only 10
No it is not possible to have all maps, maybe 20 maximum and even that many is pushing it as these maps need to be totally seperately replicated to each client during every game whether its a ClanMatchSetup or not, hence the reason we limited it to 10 else the lag would be so bad, playing would be difficult.
2) Can the SemiAdmin Pause/UnPause?
No, but if we implement any fixes in the future we will add this feature.
3) .......... But when i stop the ClanMatch, the server doesnt put back the old game "Public VCTF" but it remains in "Clan VCTF".
This is correct if you stay on the server, but once everyone leaves the server (nobody playing) it will switch back to the default game if DefaultSwitch= is more than '0'.
4) Is it possible to disable the maps already played instead to remove them from the list?
No as this is a whole new section and there is no space left as Epic will not allow the mod to go above 600KB else UT2Vote will loose its White listing which we cannot afford.
5) .... but i hoped to add new games profiles(in GameSetup) without restarting the server
This is not possible and is a UT2004 requisite thus all mods/games/mutators have no control on this option.
New games are loaded via the mutators ini file which inturn drives the UT2004.ini file and the UT2004.ini file is ONLY loaded at server startup and then cached, then each level change over only loads the cache.

Gioggiolo

Jun 21, 2008
ok :( i will set back the standard vote :(
but if you think to make something and you need a server and a tester... i'm available :)

Last edited: