UT3Dom

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Draco73

Oct 11, 2005
www.silentdragons.com
i downloaded it last night as well, i haven't gotten to play all the maps yet, but just playing plain old domination again is pretty sick i must admit...

i cant wait for some more user made community maps to add to the 9! that came with the mod...

also imo, this is the best "unreal mod" since TAM was created for 2k4 a few years back.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I am pretty impressed.
I played only three maps for now, in normal Domination. Cidom is as fun as always; Contrast runs really crappy on my rig (not to mention the annoying fog), while AKI is very confusing and I fall in the pit all the time.
Bots play well IMO.

Draco73

Oct 11, 2005
www.silentdragons.com
does anyone know if any online servers has been set up with the DOM mod yet? I would love to hop on line and frag some folks if there are...plz supply ip if anyone knows of any.

thanks

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
I liked it generally. Some things could have been redesigned to look perfect but I don't even remember the specific details at this moment. I played it straight through and I like the familiarity about it. I know the gametype and the maps by heart. It's the way it's supposed to be.

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
This rocks my nuts. Lament hasn't felt so tight and frantic for a long time. the excellent 2k4 DOM mod had to severely scale this map up (duh, just like everything else), and charging around these narrow corridors again ws pretty intense. I've got a beast rig, but Contrast lagged like clockwork every seven seconds or so, and I've no idea why. The other maps are great, although I haven't tried them all. Condemned is just awesome, and Ghardhen is better than its ever been. That outside area in the lower level really threw me for a loop when I first saw it.

I'd like to see an option to disable translocators, however, as traditionally DOM was translocator-free. Hard to control a place on a map whem the opposition can blink across the intervening distances to tag it. 2k4 made everyone feel it was their god-given right to translocate, but it really messes with DOM gametypes, and makes Double Dom virtually impossible except against bots.

The bots are great, though I had to crank them up to masterful in order to be challenged. But at that level I just barely win, or occasionally lose. I'll have to bump them to Inhuman to get my perferred 50% win numbers offline.

Great work!

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
I'd like to see an option to disable translocators, however, as traditionally DOM was translocator-free.

iirc, DOM in the original UT had a translocator. There was a mutator which disabled the translocator, or (don't take my word for this one), but once I've heard of someone modifying one of the .ini's to disable the translocator (but like I said, don't take my word on this one ;) ).

But I can see what you're trying to say though, Hedge-o-Matic. :) You probably have hacked your UT and forgotten about the hack, and remember Domination only without the translocator.

I wonder if there was a translocator in the beta 2 UT? :S

Edit: Also, for you folks who like UT3DOM, there is a fan club you can join (located here on BuF). ;)

Last edited:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Alright. I have an emergency here for the PS3 version of UT3DOM. :(

Because I am the only person in ~Team Domination~ that has a PS3 w/ UT3, it will take a very long time for testing, and knowing me, I will probably miss some important stuff. :(

Because of this, I am looking for 2-4 more testers for testing PS3 UT3DOM. :)

Also, the reason why UT3DOM is delayed for the PS3 because it freezes the PS3 after the match has begun. Snake.PLiSKIN and myself are extremely confused on this, because older builds worked perfectly w/o freezing (but they were smaller in size and did use less ram, so that's probably why :( ).

If you are interested, either PM me or post here. :)

Many thanks. :)

«:MX:»RoninMastaFX

Last edited:

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Just a reminder to the PS3 UT3DOM, there is a new xFire clan called UT3DOM Fan Club. All users who likes UT3DOM can join up there. :)

You can find it here. Anyone is welcome, and you don't need to wait for validation. :)

Also, in the future, there will be a Fan Club for Steam users as well, so stay tuned. :)

Last edited:

Draco73

Oct 11, 2005
www.silentdragons.com
Just a reminder to the PS3 UT3DOM, there is a new xFire clan called UT3DOM Fan Club. All users who likes UT3DOM can join up there. :)

You can find it here. Anyone is welcome, and you don't need to wait for validation. :)

Also, in the future, there will be a Fan Club for Steam users as well, so stay tuned. :)

do you only want ps3 players to join? or is it more open season to anyone who likes dom...including pc players.

DOM with the xloc is teh suckage IMO.
So is the xloc in general.

yeah i have to agree with ya on this one, i have always hated the xlocator, but especially in dom, its one think to have it in ctf, but in dom its just not needed 99% of the time and takes away from the fun.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
DOM with the xloc is teh suckage IMO.
So is the xloc in general.

You're allowed to have your opinion and be wrong. :p

I don't remember playing a DOM99 game online with translocators, and I seem to remember the practice games being off by default as well. In any case, DOM works far better without it.

Guess I'll have to use that ol' no-TL mutator for DOM.

Yeah, they were pretty much all on. We even used to play FragPU DOM on the |C| server with the xloc on.

The transolcator is essential to DOM. Like I said before, some powerups can't even be reached without it! DOM is supposed to be a fast and frantic game with no downtime. DOM without the xloc is... DDOM... and we all know that sucks.

Die trying to reach an icon... respawn... dodge jump all the way back to the icon. Die again. Respawn... dodge jump all the way back to the icon. So fun!

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
I don't remember playing a DOM99 game online with translocators, and I seem to remember the practice games being off by default as well. In any case, DOM works far better without it.

Guess I'll have to use that ol' no-TL mutator for DOM.

The translocator was standard for UT99 Domination and it was on for clan matches. You'd use the tranny to get up on ledges so that you could camp the control points. I don't remember ever seeing any public DOM servers that had the translocator turned off, but there might have been some lame ones out there before my time.

I agree with Hal--the translocator is essential to the game and DOM is all about hustle.

The mod looks good--now we need some servers! When I tried looking for DOM servers all I found were three Bombing Run servers, so I guess all modded game types end up with the same server classification?

Last edited: