Which games did you never complete?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
I don't even know what game "PK" is.. :x

Anyhow. The new titles that can be added to the list:
(...) Painkiller (...)

Surely?

I felt exactly the same way about it like NeoNite. I liked the gameplay, but I really don't like to do the whole trial and error thing (with a few exceptions).

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Most notably didn't complete:

Thief 3: way too scary once you get to the inner cradle part. Haven't had the balls to continue yet.

Majora's mask. I think that speaks for itself.

Bioshock. My PC crashed and burned 10 minutes before I got to the end boss. Savegame lost in restore process, couldn't be arsed to start again.

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
The one I most regret not finishing is Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. That was back in the stage where I enjoyed a game so much I couldn't bear getting closer to where the experience would end. Kinda silly now that I think about it.

Few other ones I never completed:

FF Tactics
Guild Wars: Nightfall (By the time that rolled around, playing GW was less exciting than painting a fence.)
Super Mario 64.

Probably more, but I can't remember :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Ok, currently I'm working my way through the following games (Free time is scarce)

- Painkiller
- Portal
- Unreal 2

Still haven't completed:

- Moh:aa
- Tomb raider :D
- Avp :(
- Deus ex
- Outcast

Must install:

- Far cry
- COD 1

Thinking of buying:

- Mirror's edge
- Left4dead (perhaps, maybe)

Last edited:

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
Nice bump, this was a good thread.

- Metroid Prime
- Zelda: Wind Waker
- Zelda: Twilight Princess

Might look like I get bored with the Zelda stuff, but it's cause I enjoy them too much I draw it out way too far and never end up finishing the final battle.

Molgan

T-minus whenever
Feb 13, 2008
Sweden
www.apskaft.com
The only games I have finished are Doom II and the Q3A campaign (since I had a lazy day at work and had Q3A installed..). All other SP I've tried bored me to death after 10 minutes the same way RPG, RTS and all that crap does.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
To keep it more or less recent.

Farcry 2
Just... dull, free roaming is nice but when your actions have no lasting effect what's the point? Every time i pass a checkpoint it's been restocked with people and i never see another jeep that doesn't have someone shooting at me in it, not a problem but a chore and i drop games when they become a chore.... :( Is this what Africa is like or did i miss something?
I haven't gotten very far though but it just seems like too much effort to even load it with such heavy graphics.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Woot on the bump

Anyway I finally completed Xenosaga ep 2 and am in the final few hours of ep 3 so I might update this list once that is done. But here is the list from the previous page plus a couple

- Xenosaga Ep 3 - Almost done after 3 + years
- Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (last boss and just cant force myself to try and finish)
- Turok pc - game is broken as hell and I might not finish it. Minute long load times and broken quick save/load mechanics.
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma - When I finish Xenosaga ep 3
- ES4:Oblivion (just trying to find the right time)
- Unreal - I got it for free so no rush
- Paper Mario - last couple areas left I think but its been a couple months so I forget where I am
- Sonic the Hedgehog(ps3) - technically not finished because I only went through sonics portion. May never finish either bleck

New additions
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Played through the first area just to get a taste. I won't put this one off like I did the 2nd game. Will probably play at the same time as NGS
Fallout3 - bought it last week.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Zelda: Twighlight Princess. Twenty five hours into the game I couldn't take it anymore. Having to go to point A, ride 5 minutes to point B, ride back to point A, back to point B, then back to point A again is stupid. The thing is, the game would have been awesome if they got rid of all the backtracking and repetitious battles, but no. They stretched the game too far. Ugh.

Fallout 3: admittedly, I've only had the game 2 weeks, but I'm beginning to doubt I'll finish it. The problem is two fold: level cap and crashes. I've put somewhere between 30 and 40 hours into this game and I haven't even gone to vault 87 yet. This is because I have fun (ish) walking across the vast, empty wasteland. Okay, I hate it, but I love discovering towns and dungeons, clearing them out and moving on. I loved that when I met Reilly's rangers I got like 3,000 caps off the bat for map locations. It's fun. The problem with the level cap is that I feel a little bit stifled. All the work I'm doing isn't seeing any payoff. I looked forward to the agonizing choice of my next perk, and now, no matter how many supermutants I mow down (Vengeance is the best weapon evah), i don't get anymore. That's annoying. So no more wandering for me, I'll stick to the main story. The crashes. It's annoying because the game didn't crash a single time on me before the patch. Now it crashes every time I play. Sometimes it's 20 minutes, sometimes it's 2 or 3 hours. Always it crashes when I'm in the wasteland, and almost always when it's been a while since an instanced location so all the walking and killing and discovering I'd done is erased. Twice the autosave have screwed up and and I can't move (no HUD either. ti's weird) so I lose even more time getting back to where I was. Ugh. So yeah. When Broken Steel comes out in April I'll probably come back. it's a fun game that I really enjoy, but the annoyances are getting to be too much and the plot isn't exactly compelling enough to push me through.

~Jason

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
I don't think I've completed any of the games I've previously listed including S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Morrowind, which I just never found the time to get into.

I've made it a habit to complete games when I start on them these days, so my list of new additions isn't very long and it mostly consists of games I've bought during dry spells.

• MGS: Portable Ops - I bought this not long after I had completed MGS4, but for some reason I still haven't played past the opening area. Maybe it's because I've grown tired of playing on the PSP, I don't know, but either way I really, really should dust that PSP off and play my way through this.
  • Titan Quest - I got bored of it halfway through and I doubt I'll bother to pick it up again. I never even tried the expansion either.
  • Alone in the Dark - Got the PC version for Christmas, though I didn't really ask for it. I haven't installed it yet.
  • Beyond Good & Evil - Bought it during the big Steam sale, but I haven't really played it yet. I think I'll give it a whirl soon though.
  • MotorStorm: Pacific Rift - I've still got a fair amount of events to complete. I would've been playing this more if it wasn't for the busy Q4 schedule of last year.
  • Fallout 3 - Technically, I have completed the main quest once, but there's still some locations out in the wasteland that I haven't explored yet. I won't consider it completed until everything has been seen.

Edit:
  • PixelJunk Eden - I was expecting a casual, relaxed experience sort of like flOw, but the mandatory timer made it annoying and frustrating to play. I hear they've patched it to make the timer optional so I'll probably it again sometime.
  • Bionic Commando: Rearmed - I haven't beaten the final level. I don't know why honestly.

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Now playing:
- Left 4 Dead. (PC)
- Neverwinter Nights 2. (PC)
- Mass Effect. (360)
- Call of Duty: World at War. (PC)
- Chrono Trigger. (DS)

In queue for playing:
- Gears of War 2. (360)
- Mirror's Edge. (PC)
- Dead Space. (PC)
- Sacred 2. (PC)
- Eternal Sonata. (360)

Probably a few more.

I took a look at the games I had listed back in 2005 that I had not finished and NWN was one of them.
Not only did I finish NWN I completed both expansions and all of the premium modules as well. I still play this game today :p

The only recent game I've not completed is Bioshock. I'm at the point were you have to have the LS follow you and you have to protect her. I just lost interest. I still have the saved games so I may go back and complete it.

Centurion

RAGGAMUFFIN
Jan 30, 2008
Never finished:

Pariah - engine gives me headache.
FEAR - couldn't care (just an other 3d game).
Breed - Just horrible game.
Half Live - Uhhhhh
Mass Effect - to much bla bla.
Farcry 2 - driving made me nuts.
Jericho - Another horrible game and an awefull engine.
BF Vietnam - can't remember.....must be bad somehow.
HALO - another can't remember.
Deep space 9 - more can't remember.

[edit] now playing UT3 (occasional) . And maybe soon Fallout 3.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Farcry 2 - driving made me nuts.

Haha. Oh well, I dealt with it using the bus stations, worked OK. Otherwise I only imagine the pain it would have been in the ass. What makes it all worse is the NPC's constantly respawning as you just left the perimeter.

And maybe soon Fallout 3.

Damn straight, this game had some good potential but I can't keep myself in it, way too much BioShock faggin' in the game for me. Waste of time.

Ma3a*

Null-Technology
Dec 25, 2005
Command&Conquer Renegade, because I was too chicken to see a hidious Visceroid.