Cat piss

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
So a couple of days ago my cat decided to pee on my GTA4 map that was on the carpet.

The map is a goner and I cleaned the carpet with soap and hot water, but that didn't take away the smell. Yesterday I got a big bottle of Vanish Carpet cleaner and I cleaned it again, but that didn't work out as planned and now it smells like cat piss and chemicals in here. :mad:

What can I use to clean the carpet and most of all get rid of the horrid smell?! (something not too chemical and that doesn't ruin the carpet!)

billythecatoh6.jpg

oh hi!

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Is your cat male or female ? If he's a male then it's best to get him operated as he will urinate in places to mark his territory. The strong smell is from pheromones and not bacteria.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Ah well it happens.. :)

It's a female cat and according to her passport she's 14.
We (me and the cat!) moved to this new appartment about a month ago. I figure she just needs some time to adjust, so it's not really that strange she pees in the wrong place. I'm glad it's just this one time so far.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
I can't read NeoNite's links, so I'll suggest visiting the local petshop. They'll have a few different products designed specifically for your situation. I've never faced that situation, so I have no recommendations. My cats just puke randomly on the carpet, or a rug if it's an otherwise bare floor. Never on the kitchen or bathroom tile, or on the concrete basement floor. They'll actually go out of their way to puke on a rug - I've seen it happen.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Neonite's links are about how to remove the smell and teaching your cats to use their bin. (thanks neo! :))
I've used the method described in the first link, I covered the stain with washing powder (contains enzymes) added water, brushed it in a bit and covered it up with a plastic bag. After 24 to 48 hours I have to remove the bag and clean up the powder and let it dry. So more on this tomorrow! :D

lol @ gotbeer, my thoughts too, why set the cat on fire?! :con:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
You got that wrong. You don't set the cat on fire. You set your nose on fire. After that you won't have problems with bad smells anymore.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
over here we got this stuff called nature's miracle.

it's good for removing nyo flavor from teh carpet. I'm sure you guys gotta have an equivalent of this product over there...hopefully...good luck

Yeah, that stuff actually works really well. Though it's not much of a miracle.... simply organic chemicals reacting with other organic chemicals. ;)

B, that's a gorgeous cat. :tup:

m00naY

May 21, 2008
Texas
Urine off is what you need. You can get it at a Vet office near you. Stuff actually works. It come in a black bottle. And its not the cheapest stuff. And you can use a black light to find other spots you cat might hide too.