Optimus Prime causes man to miss his flight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
This is what UK airport security has come to. From The Sun (of all places):

AIRPORT guards stopped a man boarding a plane — for wearing a Transformers T-shirt showing a cartoon gun.

Brad Jayakody, 30, was shocked when he was told to change his top if he wanted to catch his flight from Heathrow’s Terminal 5.

IT consultant Brad — on a British Airways trip with four colleagues to Dusseldorf, Germany — asked to see the security chief.

He thought the boss would "see sense" — but he backed up the decision and threatened him with ARREST. Aussie-born Brad said: "My mate set off the alarms and was searched.

"But then the guy told me to stop and said ‘you cannot get on the plane because there is a gun on your T-shirt’."

So, at Heathrow, a graphic depiction of a Transformer holding a gun is considered to be a risk to airport security. You have been warned!

drakon

Introverted™
Jan 20, 2008
Last year Gatwick guards made a woman hand over a beef sandwich before boarding and last week a PhD student was stopped for wearing a gun-shaped charm necklace at an airport in Canada.
Words can't even describe what I'm thinking right now :lol:

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
To and from California the other week I had no issues with the TSA suprisingly. I was wearing a shirt of a penguin holding a hockey stick. I guess that hockey sticks aren't as threatening on t-shirts as transformers though.

This is insanely stupid, there's absolutely no reason to deny someone boarding because of something on their shirt. Hell I wonder if anyone here in the states has been denied boarding because they were wearing a "**** George Bush" t-shirt.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
I wonder if it would be inappropriate for me to wear one of my Naglfar t-shirts:

183962_2.jpg

183962_3.jpg

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Most likely the security people were just haters of the transformers film so they took their aggression out on the guy wearing a Micheal Bay version of Optimus and not the old school 80's version.
Lord knows I'd beat the crap out of them.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Yeah this reminds me of the little news blurb I saw of Rachel Ray being accused of terrorist propaganda because of a fricken scarf. Paranoia everyones coming to get me :eek:

I think this Halloween I am going to dress like a terrorist and see what happens :D

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Why do I have an image of two middle eastern fellows carrying an soviet rpg right on the plane because security was busy checking out this nonsense...