Someday when I'm filthy rich...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
[edit] And you don't need to be filthy rich to do some of these things, unless you allow your materialistic needs to outweigh your desire for financial freedom. Just take your typical monthly expenses, multiply by 12 to get your yearly expenses, then multiply that by 25 to get how much you need to have invested in index funds so that you can be free for the rest of your life.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter...

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Id take a trip to mars and claim it for myself, then be the first person to scale Olympus Mons. The Id probably setup a vacation spot so others can visit and Id charge a mint for it :)

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Option a.)
Keep the money, live off of the interest and surround myself with sluts that have no sense of self respect. Train them to be my pets.

Option b.)
Invent all of these ideas I have running around my head, whilst surrounding myself with sluts that have no sense of self respect.

Option c.)
Buy the US Justice System. I mean, why not, it's what everyone else with wealth does.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
i would move to switzerland, and live ontop of a mountain in a giant geodesic glass dome full of tropical plants, with my own giant swimming pool and air conditioned underground mansion, complete with private cinema.

**** philanthropy

Pay off all my debt, give a large sum of money to my mom so she can travel the world without worrying about paying her bills, give other large sums of money to my true friends.

Buy a house in Jamaica, another in Maine, and probably one in England. Throw more money at talented, creative people (game designers, writers) so that they have the freedom to try things without worrying about losing their jobs.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
Invest in genetic research companies and nano-bot research companies, thus coming one step closer to my ultimate goal.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
watvj8.png

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Someday, when I'm filthy rich (that's when, not if) aside from charity work I'd have to do a few specific things. I've thought about this before, naturally.

Apart from maybe a few more condos here and there, I'd have 3 homes to travel between.
One in Monaco, my city residence so I can see the worlds greatest F1 race every year from my yacht and because you need a base in Europe. The people there and the nightlife is just another plus.
One in Colorado, my private residence so I can have a quiet place to go and experience a great winter season skiing and snowboarding.
One in Australia just outside of Sydney, my beach front residence where I can go to wake up in front of the waves and catch some surf, a place where it's always nice weather or just never snows.

This is a nice spread across the worlds continents. Throw in a few vehicles at each place and some private jetting in between and you got yourself a lifestyle. As a filthy rich person I'd try and do things with my money that gave back to people. Invest in Green products/corporations, medical research, and throw in some consumer technology to make things fun.

For a hobby I'd probably try and buy a professional football (NFL Americano, for you kids across the pond) or baseball team. I would see about becoming owner or part owner of a racing team, F1 if I could otherwise American Indy cars would do nicely. Not NASCAR, my neck isn't red enough.

ShakeZula

Nov 9, 2005
Cheshire, England
i want a big yacht with a crew of 12 spanish men who will feed me tomatoes, play soccer with me on the deck and shout obscene things to girls in every port

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
If I became STUPIDLY rich...

Sensible stuff, like paying off debts, paying off family's mortgages etc.

Buy nice country retreat, somewhere in the UK.
Buy expensive apartment in London.
Buy a few other expensive places around Europe.
Make them as tasteful as humanly possible, as long it's in keeping with my personal preferences.

Pump lots of money into clean power research that's actually practical.

Pump lots of money into anti-religion propaganda and lobbying.

Create a music festival. 0% major label music.

Using my influence, do whatever I can to remove chavs from the UK (sticking them in freight containers and dropping them into the North Sea appeals).

Buy Epic Games. Sack Mark Rein (yes, I'm still bitter about the "2 weeks thing") and possibly Jeff Morris. Threaten Cliff Bleszinski with the sack if he acts like a poser-boy muppet in public or gets a stupid haircut again (give it maybe a week). Put Tim Sweeney on Queer Eye For A Straight Guy (because quite frankly he needs it).

Set aside one week a year to spend a lot of money on things that will enrage the right-wing press.