Uninstall UT3?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Uninstall UT3?

• Yes

Votes: 26 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 54 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Let's face it, I don't even play the game once a week and I really need more disk space to play games like BioShock and Crysis.

I could play through Half-Life 2 and the first Command and Conquer, but that will take a lot of time. I just simply don't want to uninstall them before I have completed them. I might get rid of Half-Life 2 if I don't find it fun to play next time I do so, but that won't cut it, I will still need more disk space.

What would you have done? Would you uninstall UT3?

Last edited:

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
ummm no.

Always keep your mp games installed at all times, and swap between your single player games when space is needed.

Oh, and consider this thread pooped on.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
You can free a lot of disk space:

- Under ut3\utgame\movies, delete the large UTCin*.bik files. 1.7GB for the single player campaign.
- Also under ut3\utgame\cookedpc, delete the files related with gametypes you don't play. Mainly maps

Last edited:

Enfluence

I kinda like UT3.
Jan 25, 2008
Hells yeah..whats the point of playing it if all the servers have 70 ping or more

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Haven't decided yet, but I won't need that much disk space anymore. I uninstalled some games I don't play that often. Lots of Sierras mostly singleplayer games. The No one Lives Forever series and Contract Jack. I don't play any Quake either, so I should remove them as well, but only if I need more space. Probably sooner than later since I would like to give FarCry a fair chance as well as Boiling Point and Fahrenheit. What I really want is to become a better strategy game player, so I'll start with Command and Conquer. Good new is, I probably will keep UT3 until some other Unreal game comes along. I got less important games to delete first.

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
I play offline all the time anyway. UT3 is quite a good game. From now on I'll play singleplayer games one at a time and uninstalling them as I complete them.

[VaLkyR]Assassin

Kidneythieves and Poets of The Fall Fan
Jan 20, 2008
Blackpool, England, UK
valkyrgaming.com
If you didn't play it at all, then uninstalling is correct, but If you still think you'll play the odd game even if just once a fortnight, then it's still worth keeping on. I don't really play UT3 much anymore (about 1 hour in about 2 months) but I'll still keep it until I get a taste for it again, which I know I will at some point.

Last edited:

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
In the selfish interest of keeping more people playing this game so the community doesn't die completely... DON'T uninstall it! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.