Whats left of the UT community

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sys-X

Commercialized Killer !!!
Mar 22, 2006
Netherlands
I think the major problem is that we have been lied to all this time.
Remember 'when it's done' just don't mind anything else that has been left out that was out of the box with no patches if you look at past UT's.

We have been used to customize UT to our needs in any way possible now a major part is gone or got created by muts which should have been there in the first place.
They need a whole lot more patches to get it like it should be out of the box.

It would be a good move to release a good demo with everthing fixed to attract some new players, they will surely not buy it when they play the horrible beta-demo only scare them away.

Ok I am done beating the dead horse :mad:
Oh and uh this is all IMHO...

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Cliffy_C., I must've forgotten to use the sarcasm tags on the first sentence, because you shouldn't have taken it seriously.

Sys-X, if it makes you and anyone else feel better to believe that Epic lied to you, then go ahead and lament. But, I'll say this much, lying can only happen with intent. That means Epic intended to deceive all of us, which is something I have a difficult time believing. Let me ask, why would a company put all the resources into such a project the size of UT3 only to deceive the fanbase to the point that the game was listed as a failure by said fanbase? Please note that I am speculating the failure for argument's sake.

Cliffy_C.

Banned
May 20, 2008
@croata

you must have forgotten to turn your time stamp on bc theres no way i loaded the page with your comment, scrolled down to it, read it, decided to reply to it, hit reply, typed reply and posted it all in under a minute from the time of your post. The first part of that comment wasnt meant for you.

Sys-X

Mar 22, 2006
Netherlands
Cliffy_C., I must've forgotten to use the sarcasm tags on the first sentence, because you shouldn't have taken it seriously.

Sys-X, if it makes you and anyone else feel better to believe that Epic lied to you, then go ahead and lament. But, I'll say this much, lying can only happen with intent. That means Epic intended to deceive all of us, which is something I have a difficult time believing. Let me ask, why would a company put all the resources into such a project the size of UT3 only to deceive the fanbase to the point that the game was listed as a failure by said fanbase? Please note that I am speculating the failure for argument's sake.

Yeah it was all IMHO and I remember Epic saying that all the things previous ut's had like options and that kinda stuff would be there, so yeah I believe they lied to us and it was all marketing talk.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Yeah it was all IMHO and I remember Epic saying that all the things previous ut's had like options and that kinda stuff would be there, so yeah I believe they lied to us and it was all marketing talk.
Did Epic and you have a binding contract of sorts? Developers can promise a lot of things, but in the end, if those promises can't be kept or just don't work out, they get cut. It happens all the time. To say that Epic lied outright is merely an assumption on anyone's part if that person is not an Epic employee.

Sys-X

Mar 22, 2006
Netherlands
Did Epic and you have a binding contract of sorts? Developers can promise a lot of things, but in the end, if those promises can't be kept or just don't work out, they get cut. It happens all the time. To say that Epic lied outright is merely an assumption on anyone's part if that person is not an Epic employee.

They promised too much, but hey what's the use, mark rein even said it so that teaches me never to believe any game dev from now on.

If you compare UT3 to other UT's it just feels too cut and empty besides the lovely gfx and gameplay, it's the total package which made previous UT's far better then what UT3 is.

The gameplay is good, just all the other things are lacking and are bugged.
Where is copy paste to begin with, such a simple thing but very usefull.

I learned now that arguing with fanboys is a waste of time.
I bought almost every Epic game because they where superior to other game devs, now they only make pretty looking games with a lack of customobility without digging through the ini's to get something done.

Just one thing, if I promise anyone something and I break my promise I lied to them and should never promised them anything to begin with.
I know certain things will/can be cut but you can go too far and Epic rlly crossed that line IMHO

Draco73

Oct 11, 2005
www.silentdragons.com

but does it honestly matter if you can prove it or not? it is the same impact either way, if people feel as though they were lied too, it will have the same impact as if some one flat out was told epic is lieing to you. either way, that person will have the "epic lied to us" feeling in the gut/heart/what ever you want to call it. and obviously it will leave an extreamly bad taste in those peoples mouths/eyes

and of course there is not contract between gamers and game creators, but when people are told repeatedly by the developer that this and that will be in the game, it will have this cool feature, it will have all the same things as previous ut's and more...the people take the word as the "truth" and believe whole heartedly it will be as it was described. when the game does not even come within 5,000 miles of what was described, obviously its going to make alot of people upset and irate, as you can see by the backlash and reaction about UT3.

also as it was stated, who knows why ut3 was released like it is, who knows if epic was under major pressure to get it out by xmas season, who knows what happened...but thats not really up to the consumer to deal with, if it was explained to us, i think it would have been better for the community as a whole. but either way, the consumer expects a complete, working game, that is as described by the creators for months and months, and a game that has most if not MORE features than any of its predecessors had...and UT3 falls far far short of meeting any of that. which leaves the consumers, angry, and wondering why.

Last edited:

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
If you decide what games you do or do not play based on how much people "bitch" about it on an internet forum i feel sorry for you.
That's completely pointless, because your feelings about it doesn't change the fact, and he is talking a full community, not about himself.

Last edited:

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Me too! And when I did, a light shun down from the Heavens and the voice of God said "NAME YOUR CHILD, MY SON!" Gasping, I said; "detox!"

:eek:

I am honored you would name such a log after me.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Hey, me too! :)
Especially people like d3tox posting about seeing peanuts in their crap.

That comment was completely relevant. Who wouldn't want to hear my side of things.

I'm saving the story about the soft one that left streaks all over my bowl. It kinda look like a shock combo done in turds after I flushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.