Whats left of the UT community

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliffy_C.

Banned
May 20, 2008
I bought UT3 on release day, and was really disappointed... I really tried to like it, but after a few days i had to come to terms. The game is just not fun. It sat idle on my storage drive for a few months. Eventually i needed to free up some space and so UT was given its walking papers.

Fast forward to a week ago. I see a video someone made of a highly skilled UT3 player, so i think maybe i should give this game another try. So i dig through my old boxes and install the game and get the latest patch. I go online and its completely empty maybe like 3-4 populated servers. So i join one... still not very fun. I turn off the game and think what could have happened while i was away?

Then i go to the official UT3 forums read through some locked threads and see tons of people getting banned. Wow, not a great way to treat your customers, i think to myself. Then, i stop by here, as i remember getting some good ini tips before. Im in total dismay. I can see how EPIC could close and ban threads to seemingly protect their game, although most likely its just pissing people off, myself included. Even here on BUF all ive read is 90% of people blindly saying the game rules, refusing to admit any problems. And the only people whose threads get locked are the people who are speaking their mind against the game. Ive read alot of threads from banned users here that make alot of sense and theres no reason for the ban or lock.

Is this website ran by epic as well?

After reading quite a few threads here i went to hard forum to see what the deal was. I found open threads ( ie http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1274053 ) where people were not persecuted for telling it like it was. So my question is why all the censorship? that defeats the purpose of having a free web. And why the bias twords users? I can see not banning pro UT3 people, but why ban and lock the rest? Seems like the UT community is a bunch of *******s now, especially dark pulse or whatever his name is.

If thats how it is now I wont be buying any more unreal titles.

in before "dont let the door hit you on the way out"
in before lock

Rujman

Mar 20, 2008
I was enthusiastic about UT3 but it wore out after a few months. All I do now is play UT2k4 with my clan, who themselves are mostly in the same boat as me.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
it's their forums, you don't follow the rules, they ban you.
it's their forums, they can as well close it alltogether if they want. it's not like it's a democracy.

If thats how it is now I wont be buying any more unreal titles.
thanks-for-the-info.jpg

Cliffy_C.

Banned
May 20, 2008
I was enthusiastic about UT3 but it wore out after a few months. All I do now is play UT2k4 with my clan, who themselves are mostly in the same boat as me.

Whats your sn? I havent played 2k4 in a while but ill add you to my buddies list.

@toni

very helpful post and nice new current forum picture to post.

Edit: i just got back from prounreal seems like they arent bias at all, even the mods just tell it like it is. So what gives?

Last edited:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Well I wasnt even going to bother replying because you obviously dont want to listen (out the door whatever), you got your mind made up about UT3 and kewl I respect that you got your opinion (not that I even care).

I think you are wrong in saying 90% of posts (here) are people blindly saying the game rocks, youre the one persecuting if anything for whatever reasons. Just respect the fact some of us do enjoy the game, we arnt zombie's you know, we formed our own opinion regardless of what others have been saying about the game.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It's the dead horse again.
Anyone got a pic of what the horse is looking like about now?

Cliffy_C.

Banned
May 20, 2008
all helpful post so far, especially the beating the horse one. That analogy is getting more old than this topic. But if there is so many post on how the users and mods here are bias then maybe there really is a problem. Or at least link me to the open thread about it.

Please come up with some current stuff (besides the horse beating) quit the copypasta.

Im more than willing to listen and i havent made up my mind about anything, only posting my observation from reading the locked and banned threads in this forum. I could care less if the game is bad or not. I made the "out the door comment bc i knew someone like kantham would say "dont let the door hit you on the way out." which he pretty much did with the dead horse comment. instead of posting a useful comment.

And here is a link to a horse being beat if you are still find that sort of thing entertaining in 2008.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/unclespellbinder/Animated/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Last edited:

Cliffy_C.

Banned
May 20, 2008
Well I wasnt even going to bother replying because you obviously dont want to listen (out the door whatever), you got your mind made up about UT3 and kewl I respect that you got your opinion (not that I even care).

I think you are wrong in saying 90% of posts (here) are people blindly saying the game rocks, youre the one persecuting if anything for whatever reasons. Just respect the fact some of us do enjoy the game, we arnt zombie's you know, we formed our own opinion regardless of what others have been saying about the game.

You bring up a good point with me persecuting users. That was not my intention. Let me put it like this, the people on this forum who just as aggressively if not more aggressively defend the game on this forum are not locked or banned. Its bias.

Cliffy_C.

Banned
May 20, 2008
Yes, qazix, this is indeed beating a dead horse.

I ask again. Please direct me to some of the other post where this topic is being discussed. Also someone has already covered the beating a dead horse, its not helping anything, except proving my point.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Its bias.

No shi~

What's your point man? Being biased is having an opinion and the people that like the game post about the game, ect, and the people that don't like the game stopped posting about the game and just went and did something else.

The people that don't like the game but are still posting about it are the ones getting banned or warned cause everything bad has been said already and it's not helping anything or anyone have a good time.

The people that like the game and are talking about it aren't getting banned or warned simply because they are enjoying themselves which is the side that the mods should be biased towards by now if you're complaining that it's unfair. Like toni said, it IS their forum and people that own forums normally would want their users to enjoy themselves and just complaining isn't doing anything but making a bad atmosphere for the people trying to enjoy themselves.

Last edited:

Cliffy_C.

Banned
May 20, 2008
No shi~

What's your point man? Being biased is having an opinion and the people that like the game post about the game, ect, and the people that don't like the game stopped posting about the game and just went and did something else. The people that don't like the game but are still posting about it are the ones getting banned and stuff cause everything bad has been said already and it's not helping anything.

One of my points is you do not know what the word bias means. Its not having an opinion, its having an illegitimate opinion. Ill do the legwork for you.

Definitions of bias on the Web:

* influence in an unfair way; "you are biasing my choice by telling me yours"
* a partiality that prevents objective consideration of an issue or situation

And for the record most other forums do not operate like this. I will ask a third time for someone to please redirect me to the thread where this discussion has already happened, if indeed this is a "dead horse".

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
^ Yeah, I edited my post explaining why they are unfair and why it's fine for them to be unfair.

One of my points is you do not know what the word bias means.

Yes I do but the difference doesn't matter here because there is no law stating that the admins of a forum have to be neutral which is the point toni made in the first place. :p

The simple explanation for people being banned, warned, ect is because they aren't producing a fun environment or at least a productive environment or whatever kind of place the admins want. :lol:

Last edited:

Xavi

Southamerican Rocker!!!
May 6, 2008
Barranquilla, Colombia
Even here on BUF all ive read is 90% of people blindly saying the game rules, refusing to admit any problems.
The games not perfect, no game that i remember is perfect. :)
And why i am blind cause i think the game rules? As i respect ur opinion, u shall respect others opinions. Thanks.

Cliffy_C.

Banned
May 20, 2008
Wise guy.

The whole ****ing forum.

Im looking at the front page of this forum i see around 30 threads none of them pertaining to this. Please stop being a smartass, or at least be funny about it.

@xavi

i respect that some people like the game. Thats not the issue. Its the bias twords the people who dont. Ive read some pretty harsh words in defense of the game and alot of times the person who was asking why the game did something had a better point and wasnt as aggressive. Still the other person got banned. Dark pulse is a good example. Its just hard to believe this site isnt under the control of EPIC after reading some of the threads. I mean look at the Aholes in here all copypasta dead horse comments. Ive searched the forum and not found one thread on this topic. Its completely rediculous. How can you expect people to come here for information? when it can not be trusted.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Im looking at the front page of this forum i see around 30 threads none of them pertaining to this. Please stop being a smartass, or at least be funny about it.

Okay then let's pretend that no one ever posted about

Epic Banned 'me' from their forums!
Epic Banned someone from their forums for posting their own POV!
Epic Banned 'me' for posting something that's being discussed to death!
UT3 has empty servers!
UT3 has no one playing!

Notice the price drops? There's a reason why, it's obvious that you won't pay $50 for a game that has like 5 servers. I also am no fanboi, I don't play the game anymore for the same reasons stated over and over. Get over it and search. The worse fact is that, you didn't even bother looking inside the threads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.