Frequently Asked Questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Below are a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and their answers:

What does CBP3 contain?

Our content page lists the content that has been released in a volume already, and content that is to be released in a future volume. Although volume 1 only included maps (and some new music), future volumes will most likely include other content such as characters and mutators.

When is CBP3 released?

We released CBP3 Volume 1 on 24th June, 2008. There are no set release dates for the future volumes, but it's likely that they will coincide with the Make Something Unreal Contest deadlines :)

How big will the CBP3 download be?

CBP3 Volume 1 was ~311MB for PC & ~190MB for PS3. We don't know how big each volume will end up. It'll depend on how much content we get done but we'll try to be intelligent about reducing file size.

Can I join your team?

We have a lot of members already, and most level designers are recruited by us noticing their work and inviting them to join. However, if you want to apply as a coder/musician/character artist, then go to our contact page page and tell us why!

Will CBP3 be released for PS3/Xbox 360 too?

Volume 1 was released for PC & PS3, and may appear on Xbox 360 in future if Epic can work out something with Microsoft for downloadable content. Future volumes will be the same.

Will there be any UT99 remakes?

Some of us have expressed interest in remakes (not necessarily of just retail UT99 maps, but our own previous ones aswell that may have been popular), but to begin with, we're just creating all new stuff.

I've installed CBP3 but can't see the new maps. Help?

Please read carefully the instructions regarding installation on our download page.

If you have any questions that aren't answered above then feel free to ask here! :)

Last edited:

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Will any previous CBP maps be remade? God how i miss CTF-Gazpacho, CTF-Deep, CTF-Botanic, ONS-Pasargadae, CTF-Concentrate and CTF-Techdream.

Oh how the world would be a better place with these on CTF servers.

IceCreamYou

disseminator of awesome
Will any previous CBP maps be remade? God how i miss CTF-Gazpacho, CTF-Deep, CTF-Botanic, ONS-Pasargadae, CTF-Concentrate and CTF-Techdream.

Oh how the world would be a better place with these on CTF servers.
The chances are relatively low. I'm not saying it's not going to happen, but everyone's working on new stuff first.

At the very least, there won't be any remakes of those maps in the first volume.

saracen16

Certified Flak Monkey
Apr 23, 2008
Sands of Arabia
I just stumbled on the CBP3 website, and I must say that I'm just thrilled by the hard work the team put into those maps, no exceptions! Can't wait to dload it.

Just a question, though. Will there be any remakes of UT99 maps, and are the editors taking any requests or suggestions? Not that we want to force them, lol.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Just a question, though. Will there be any remakes of UT99 maps, and are the editors taking any requests or suggestions? Not that we want to force them, lol.

Added answer to the first post :) We can't stop anyone making requests - if you badger one of us enough they just might do a remake! ;)

Daniel "KaMi"

enjoy CBP3! :D
Sep 22, 2005
spain, costa del sol
Mr. UglyPants there will be some mappers that will make more than one map (2, 3, ect), others that will make just a map ect, nobody knows how many maps will contribute really, it is supposed that there will be several volumes of cbp3 with different/equal ammount of maps, some of us will be making maps(1,2, ect) for each volume and others not :) , and also there could be new members in a future who knows, hope i explained well :)

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Thanks KaMi.

Will CBP3 feature any new content like models or muators or gamemodes as did some previous CBP?

Last edited:

Daniel "KaMi"

enjoy CBP3! :D
Sep 22, 2005
spain, costa del sol
Im not sure if there is someone in the team currently working with epic, but some of us have already worked for epic games in the past (to my mind come desp, plutonic, luggage, tynan, me, nathillien, ect)

saracen16

Certified Flak Monkey
Apr 23, 2008
Sands of Arabia
For epic I did Dm-Desolation Dm-HyperBlast AS-FallenCity (half and half with phil Cole for fallen) and AS-Mothership.

I loved Desolation. I'm not surprised you did it, though: it reminds me of DM-Nirvana for some reason. :lol:

KaMi said:
Np :), I did DM-BP2-Calandras for the ut2k4 epic megapack

Man, I should pay attention to the "author" subtitle in the map preview. I really enjoyed the theme and gameplay.

menelik_seth

a.k.a 'Youngblood'
w00t CBP3!!!

But I don't has UTIII just yet, and I still play UT2k4... so where's the luurv? XD

Translation: Is CBP1 and 2 still available for download? I just did a clean install of UT2k4 on a new PC, and I need me some community mappage :D I have the CBP1 and 2 on file, but I think some maps are missing from the zip files for some reason, so is there like a one stop shop for all the UT2k4 maps created by you guys?

Last edited: