UT3 Patch 3 In The Works, Features Slowly Being Revealed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
heres one no one knows about, setting oponents to 11 will give you 9

Oh pants :doh:

Hey wait a minute - if NOONE knows about this then how come that you actually DO? :D

Reminds me of the famous "Impossible is nothing" quote none the less :shy:

Wunderbar_007

.Lateral Thought.
Nov 11, 2005
Montreal
Which issues? I can pass them along perhaps, or find out if they are being looked at.

If you're serious, adding friends/messages is in need of hardcore simplifying IMO. Not that I can't figure it out, just it used to be much, much easier in previous UTs.

Thank You :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The friend system is really poor. It's got more functionality than previous UTs and less usability :)

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Hopefully we'll see a charge indicator for the Hellbender rear turret. :D
Maybe someone at Epic can correct me if I'm wrong, but I always wait for the smoke that emanates from the barrel after firing to dissipate before considering the gun 'charged' for a second shot. Seems to work pretty well, so I always assumed that was the intention.

Unknown Target

Jan 22, 2008
I wish they'd fix the compatibility. I have a Radeon X1600 and can't run the game unless it's in a window, or it'll crash on me - with both the latest official or Omega drivers.

Jordan L

Jan 20, 2008
I'll never understand why it took 3 patches to get a Join and Spectate tab up. Patch 1.2 brought the Join Tab, hopefully Patch 1.3 brings the in game Spectate tab. If it doesn't, well thats pathetic :rolleyes:

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
In a post on the UT3 Servers Mailing List, Steve Polge has revealed Epic is hard at work on Patch 3 for UT3. While there is no release date yet, he has let slip a few features that will be in it:

• Fix for "Package failed to download" in Warfare & VCTF
  • Players now listed in the Server Browser

As always, we will keep you informed of any further known changes.

They might want to note that the "Package failed to DL" happens all the time in CTF too... :( fix will be most welcome since the only way to fix it is exit the game and restart completely.

Patch 3 will be another moment for a happy dance :) esopecially if we can get a complete Speech Binder and voice menu on the character select screen ;)

fixes to the browser are a very happy thing too!!

Last edited:

Alopexau

Mar 28, 2005
This better finally fix the active bot list bug and let offline profiles SAVE their settings... it's getting tiresome.

Wowbagger

Curing the infection...
May 20, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Which issues? I can pass them along perhaps, or find out if they are being looked at.
Brizz, could you ask them about a possible fix for the History feature?
ATM its not showing servers youve joined through the console.

Or maybe a ingame "Add server to Favorites" button like in UT2004.

As it is now UT3 completely ignores servers entered through IP, dunno if its by design or just overlooked.

indy900

[mXc]indy
Apr 8, 2006
www.mxcclan.com
im really hoping for a fix for disappearing goo/rox. Those affect me more than anything. a friends tab at all times might be nice too. ....... oh and ability to cut/paste/type in serv IP's also

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
Tbh Epic should completely start from scratch with the UI. Although i know that is a bit much to ask.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Give us a standard scoreboard that scales properly with player counts, and shows ping times no matter what!

I'll second this.

I'll third! I wouldnt mind alittle more to the voting either hey so servers dont have to run mods and ruin the stats.

Those bot taunts as well seem to be alittle bugged hey, is it just me or do they float around while playing them?

I'll go with this updated friends stuff as well, its dodgy as.

Perhaps alittle less ammo when grabbing the bio, but hey Im not really expecting gameplay tweaks in patches :p

Like cause you get a heap right, if you keep it charged alot you get extra ammo because you got the loaded stuff and the stuff in the inventory. I kinda just noticed I run out alot less with that gun than most of the others in DM. Could be why I dont use the stinger as much or something... Oh well just rambling.

Another wierd thingo I found, well okay so theres a nice hole on shangrila from the top floor near the rox down to near the stinger where the shield is... But yeah onto this wierd bug Ive had while running a custom mut and while not is dissapearing legs. Could be my CustChar.ini thingo but I cant be sure, dunno if anyone else has had this.

[screenshot]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/OlympusMons/UT3/SS00002-Legless.jpg[/screenshot]

and an animation bug of sorts

[screenshot]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/OlympusMons/UT3/SS00006_SleepinontheJob.jpg[/screenshot]

Could be my fault, who knows :lol:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Good to hear, if not just because it's comforting to know they're interested in improving on it.

shaky release+solid followup > decent release+ghost support
imo

I'd rather have a game that wasn't so buggy that it needed support.
That way we'd have more bonuspacks ...

You should also realise that you're actually telling Epic that they did the right thing by releasing the game before it was finished ...
// ---

Will the patch be ready in time for the first phase of the MSUC ?
And how will that influence the people interested in submitting mods for the contest ?