UE3 - General The new "So what are you working on?" thread:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
Is the WIP screen from the Crysis Mech mod maybe from "Mechwarrior: Living Legends"? and does it show the hangar from the MW4 intro movie? It really looks like this ^^

@Goldfenix: The Zerg model looks kickass :)

Yes, it is. ;)

It's quite early though, but it's moving along. :)

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Made this animation earlier:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNoUzT5k_r4

Its a test animation for a charactor I quickly modelled and rigged for a uni module. (Marked on the animation quality more so than anything else)
Also got a walk cycle which needs a few tweaks before I show it off, and then a more full animation featuring various other things to hit the marks criteria.

As an update to the charactor I have posted further up the page, Been using zbrush to carve more detail into him for a nice normal map :)
Looks a bit like this: (ignore the weird lines coming down from the eyes, they don't appear on the normal map)

zbrushrender.jpg

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
LOL, a little busy working with 3 mods: 2 CryEngine 2, and 1 UE3.
:)

Last edited:

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
Here's one I made yesterday.
hydrotankpropLowPoly3.jpg

I have a lot of stuff do get done for various mods/people, so I gotta get to work. Nevermind me trying to get a good portfolio together to send to some studios. Crazy stuff. :clap:

fleshsniper1

Jan 21, 2008
The Head that does look like a costume suit, pretty cool though.

Heres a zombie TC i am working on. You play the father and live a day without zombies, the next morning hell. You have to find all the family members and protect and take them safely to a nearby town 10 miles away. The son is a really good hunter just like his father so youll be playing with a good AI assistance, the rest of the family cant do much fighting except running away. If possible im entering the make something unreal contest with this.

This my second time using the tablet since i bought it so i know, worst coloring ever.

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
Fleshie..... thats pretty good for rough draft conception. Its a lot better than stick man and da gang.

4 Johnthan .... After your Mad Crazy rush with the models and such? Drop me a line I have a concept doc I'd like to share with you, but only after you're done with the workload you have currently please? Oh and I had to give up on that model of mine :cry: Stupid 2hd hdd crashed and I just got a new machine and I have ot try to re install and I'm just getting frustrated atm......

Last edited:

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
Fleshie..... thats pretty good for rough draft conception. Its a lot better than stick man and da gang.

4 Johnthan .... After your Mad Crazy rush with the models and such? Drop me a line I have a concept doc I'd like to share with you, but only after you're done with the workload you have currently please? Oh and I had to give up on that model of mine :cry: Stupid 2hd hdd crashed and I just got a new machine and I have ot try to re install and I'm just getting frustrated atm......

Sure thing, check with me in a few months probably. :)

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
Started on the "Hulk" last night, maybe I'll get it done before the movie is out. :p

closeupWIP.jpg

Last edited:

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
Looks more like Lou Ferigno than Ang Lee's Hulk did but after checking out the trailer it looks very unrealistic.... more so than Spiderman (1) did.. its just so blatantly obvious its CGI and they havent even tried to hide it.... However, I do rate Ed Norton as an actor so Im actually looking forward to it..... The Hulk head in your model actually looks more like the one Tim Roth is playing... but then that could just be the lack of hair.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
its just so blatantly obvious its CGI and they havent even tried to hide it

Same with the wolf in 300, there's just not much you can do since it's organic, it's even worse since it's an organic humanoid. Just gotta use some suspension of disbelief.

I agree that his model doesn't look very much like the hulk though, jaw isn't wide enough. It does look like that other guy though. :lol:

Last edited:

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
Here's an update. :)
[screenshot]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm4/3dsculpting/Hulkupdate1b.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm4/3dsculpting/Hulkupdate1a.jpg[/screenshot]

Last edited: