Welcome To BeyondUnreal 3.0!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smood

Nov 29, 2003
This is ****ing awesome. Now I feel like I'm playing UT3 even when I visit BU! LOL.

F

fira

I think its too complex for its own good. Game menus look good in games not on forums. This takes too long to load. By too long I mean one second is too long to wait for some text to pop up.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
When's the patch for the front page coming?

I see all these people bitch about the looks of BuF and the fact that there aren't that many people on it, but the posters are the same as they were in 1999!
Yeah sure the the front page might be a little slow to navigate but the news content is top notch!
So many people bitch about the front page but you spend 90% of the time, in the forum!

Sure the front page might have less options and fields, but it's a design choice, it's not because it's consolised!

Instead of bitching about the site you should be posting!
etc.

/:)

Severin

Feb 8, 2008
Thats the first time UT3 has put a big grin on my face.

Well done BU.:lol:

Last edited:

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
When's the patch for the front page coming?

I see all these people bitch about the looks of BuF and the fact that there aren't that many people on it, but the posters are the same as they were in 1999!
Yeah sure the the front page might be a little slow to navigate but the news content is top notch!
So many people bitch about the front page but you spend 90% of the time, in the forum!

Sure the front page might have less options and fields, but it's a design choice, it's not because it's consolised!

Instead of bitching about the site you should be posting!
etc.

/:)
Well said, but who are you talking to? BUF3 only has what, twenty members worldwide?

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
FINALLY!!! i got the 'from the creators of planetunreal' message
my april fools is now complete :)

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Despite this being April 1st, I still think it's pretty fricking cool. You got me good. I should have known better.

The part that REALLY Fd me up was the fact that I have IE7 set up with 3 homepages. When I launch them gmail is the first one I see and suddenly I hear the intro music to UT!!! I was like........wtf!!! Did I just launch UT accidently?

Very nice.

Labnetik

Trapped In Unreality
May 10, 2006
England, UK
www.acidtechno.net
Can't go anywhere today without having your head messed with, it's like what would have happened if the millennium bug was real.

I had a rude surprise since I'm using IE6 on an older pc atm, entering the front page www.beyondunreal.com shows a blank page with the following big text (not presented as code of course, I got this from the source!)

Code:
<div id="ie6-message"><h1>Please <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/ie/">upgrade</a> to a <a href="http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/">better browser</a>.</h1></div>

so yeah looks like some of it was written explicitly for IE7 and firefox, typing in the forums.beyondunreal.com link got me to the forums though :)

IE6 also appears to freeze once that page has loaded.. odd stuff...

ty for the laugh, but pretty please resume normal business tomorrow :eek:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
so yeah looks like some of it was written explicitly for IE7 and firefox, typing in the forums.beyondunreal.com link got me to the forums though :)

Yep, I can't see the awesome and I don't want to upgrade right now.

I demand screenies!