Sound stuff

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I would like to replace some of the sounds, but importing the .wav files through UEd does not overwrite the existing ones, I can't get them ingame. Anyone have an idea?

I also tried to export the Raven Shield sounds, R6' UEd has no export function for sounds and UT/UT2004 UEd's crash if I do that with them.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Use the CheckReplacement function in a mutator to modify the sound properties of the weapons as they are spawned. The only way to get sounds out of RvS is to play them back in the editor and record it using Audacity or similar. Stupid way of doing it, but without any export function its the only way.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Couldn't get Audacity to record, hence the question, but I could fix drivers now, problem solved.

I wasn't clear enough I think, I mean to import stuff into the original package to test it ingame, just like I did with the textures. You mean the only way to get sounds into the game is a real mutator? That is slightly beyond my ability right now, but I see if I can understand that wiki thing.
I have a coder to make a final mutator, but I can't ask him everytime I need to quickly test sounds I just made.

Thanks for the reply Crowze.

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Crowze and I were working on a huge sound pack and IWE/IMT update before I disappeared and got hit with real life. I suppose I could send you what I had (which would be a few hundred megs of sound files and some specific recommendations), but in all honesty, it's 2008. I'm not sure there's much point left to doing this sort of thing for an engine that's just about a decade old.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Right... zeep also did some sounds which never made it out into the wild, so to speak. I also did some work on a full volume-scaling system based on distance, which a) probably doesn't work and b) I doubt I could find now. I could do some digging for both if you're really keen.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Crowze and I were working on a huge sound pack and IWE/IMT update before I disappeared and got hit with real life. I suppose I could send you what I had (which would be a few hundred megs of sound files and some specific recommendations).
Sorry guys for not answering that long, I was thinking. Thanks for the offer, for now I can not say much, but when I really start to fully work on the sounds I may come back to it.

...but in all honesty, it's 2008. I'm not sure there's much point left to doing this sort of thing for an engine that's just about a decade old.
Yes, but the cooperative gamemode is flourishing (sort of) and all the things I do is just to improve the own pleasure (seriously, if my texture fix mutator wont be made anytime soon, I'll quit!).

Right... zeep also did some sounds which never made it out into the wild, so to speak. I also did some work on a full volume-scaling system based on distance, which a) probably doesn't work and b) I doubt I could find now. I could do some digging for both if you're really keen.
Thanks. As said for now I can not say (I don't want you to do the work and then finding me saying that I am not doing the sound stuff anymore, or something alike), but I may come back at it.

By the way, you are not playing co-op anymore, dont you?

verlatt

... or something like that.
Apr 1, 2006
Hah... And I'm starting my studies this year... Bye, bye, free time :p.
This is fenomenal... That the game, the mod that old still gets attention, and is still being upgraded... Just my thought... :)

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
I was going through some files today, and I found the sounds I had put aside and organized for this. I don't play this game anymore, but on the off chance anyone is still interested in doing this, I guess I still have everything you'd need to put together a mutator except, well, the mutator.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I was going through some files today, and I found the sounds I had put aside and organized for this. I don't play this game anymore, but on the off chance anyone is still interested in doing this, I guess I still have everything you'd need to put together a mutator except, well, the mutator.
I think it is worth a try, I might start with the AKM. I have some sounds for it, but maybe the one you have are better (I hope).

How does the .wav have to be saved to work in INF? I mean the Hz, bitrate or whatever thing.