Unreal Engine 4 Will “Exclusively Target the Next Console Generation”

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
HTML (HyperText Markup Language) is a markup language. That means it's a language for specifying structure and content of a hypertext document. You can not use it to express algorithms, so it's not a programming language. Whoever thinks writing HTML code is programming really needs a reality check. PHP or JavaScript are an entirely different topic, those are "real" scripting or programming languages, that happen to be used in combination with or in addition to HTML for the simple reason that HTML doesn't do anything.

UnrealScript on the other hand is a programming language or, if you don't want to see it as a full-blown programming like C++ or Java, a scripting language. You use it to put algorithms into a format the Unreal Engine can understand.

woah woah, I never said it was not a full blown programing language, what I said was its as simple as HTML for some things.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
woah woah, I never said it was not a full blown programing language, what I said was its as simple as HTML for some things.

Doesn't your failure to apply ready-to-use functions provided by others already prove that your view of UnrealScript is entirely wrong? UnrealScript is more complex than e.g. JavaScript (and much more strict than that as well) and should be approached accordingly. Programming is not a guessing game (or at least it shouldn't be), so stop guessing and start understanding. ;)

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
Doesn't your failure to apply ready-to-use functions provided by others already prove that your view of UnrealScript is entirely wrong? UnrealScript is more complex than e.g. JavaScript (and much more strict than that as well) and should be approached accordingly. Programming is not a guessing game (or at least it shouldn't be), so stop guessing and start understanding. ;)

Darn it you beat me to it I was going to say
"And those things even confound me!" :p

Between my ADHD and learning disabilities I am lucky to comprehend what I do, as of right now I am checkign my vars and bools more I didnt really understand their connection int he scheme of things, learning by trail and error can be me occupied that and gives more results( that keeps me coming to back to try and do more things) than merely reading a musty tome, however I needz to find mew brainz amunst the moldy tomes..I am sure thats where its been hiding :p

Oh and BTW to the forum both here and on the epic boards thank you for putting up with me and my hairy sorry no brainzz arse!
:eek:

=^^=

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Sadly since game content has shrunken over the years demos barely show you anything, you really need to know the in and outs of the full product before you buy it.

Dude, you got 3 maps, half of the vehicles, the whole weapon set, the feel for gameplay, and the basic interface. What more did you want from the UT3 demo?

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
Dude, you got 3 maps, half of the vehicles, the whole weapon set, the feel for gameplay, and the basic interface. What more did you want from the UT3 demo?

A working editor :p
But really for MP games a demo is generally is more intuitive because MP games are far more simplistic than SP ones, when it comes to SP games you need at least twice as what they offer to truly get a feel of the depth of designs and rank up the general quirks of them.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
AFAIK their demo isn't supposed to have a decent mod support, nor even have one. The goal is to get profit out of it, not losing it by providing entirely retail game features.

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
AFAIK their demo isn't supposed to have a decent mod support, nor even have one. The goal is to get profit out of it, not losing it by providing entirely retail game features.

What I was reading was about the retail game, there was to be a SDK or something to offer better mod support for it,but I have been to busy with 04 and UT3 to keep up.

Last time I played it I hacked the config so lean buttons doubled as use, I can not so this in UT3 as I have no idea where it keeps player info >>

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
[SAS]Solid Snake;2106838 said:
Anyone who thinks HTML is an actual programming language needs to be shot, quartered and burnt. Secondly DreamWeaver and Frontpage do not make your pro HTMLer.

Both of them also do java and php, the similarities can be made, but after a certain point they are very different.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Darn it you beat me to it I was going to say
"And those things even confound me!" :p

Between my ADHD and learning disabilities I am lucky to comprehend what I do, as of right now I am checkign my vars and bools more I didnt really understand their connection int he scheme of things, learning by trail and error can be me occupied that and gives more results( that keeps me coming to back to try and do more things) than merely reading a musty tome, however I needz to find mew brainz amunst the moldy tomes..I am sure thats where its been hiding :p

Oh and BTW to the forum both here and on the epic boards thank you for putting up with me and my hairy sorry no brainzz arse!
:eek:

=^^=
I know the feeling, I have the capacity to do this but the unforgiving nature of a compiler can be insanely frustrating to me. :D

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
[SAS]Solid Snake;2106897 said:
What? No. NO. Go and ask them. Is HTML a programming language. I bet they will tell you that it isn't.

Both of them use it to show ultra basic stuff thats similar to "coding" you have tags and stings, its a good way to lean ultra basic structures without compiling or starting with something harder first.

Mainly because you can fire up notepad put the code into it save as html and see the result nearly instantly, if anything its a honing method to try before moving up to a "real" program language.

Speaking of which what is "easier" C++ or java, I want to try working on some simple source codes, at least I can get a slightly newer refrance book of it to shove down my throat..maybe it will stop the droolage :p

Both involve lines of text called code.
Both involve altering them for X result.

these are what makes them similar, you are arguing I that my supper sour crab apples have no use in cooking, I will argue its still apple-like and great for target practice 0_o *hides*
LOL

I know the feeling, I have the capacity to do this but the unforgiving nature of a compiler can be insanely frustrating to me. :D
The ease of use and instant or near instant results is what turned me on to Uscript...and U2 killed... didn't really get back to coding till 04 and this year, had all kinds of trouble the past 5 years, my parents past away 9 months apart from each other in 05 I think I have finally recovered from most of it..I think 0-o

I have found if I dog at it for 2 days I will get something to work or move onto a new line of thought, I try to work out my code issues before I post long inane drool filed ramblings....try harder I know and yes I knwo I am doing it wrong...oy you guys and the voices....you guys and voices. :eek:

:p