Which games did you never complete?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MoogleRancha

Grim and Frostbitten Moogle
Jan 21, 2008
Festering in your mother's womb
Almost forgot this one...

Darkenedy Skye I keep planning on going back and finsihing it, but just never got around to re-installing it and completing the game. I even have the save files somewhere and I'm somewhere in the mid game...just past the first unhealthy jumping on crap over water part.

Holy f*ck.

My brother and I bought that a few months back...we were tempted to f*cking break the thing. It's terrible...Stupid f*cking jokes about Skittles and cliche RPGs...wtf.

DON'T BOTHER.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
Have you completed the levels for the other species? Because they are MUCH harder. :p

To be honest I only played as the others as an afterthought, I bought this game specifically for the chance to be a Xenomorph, but:

The Predator was fun, but after a while the "My eyeballs laugh at your puny cloaking device" thing with the marines became a game breaker.

The Marine missions had me on edge the whole time... untill I saw an alien come at me, bouncing down the corridor like a demended slinky, and the illusion shattered right there.

PainAmplifier

Evil by Example
Holy f*ck.

My brother and I bought that a few months back...we were tempted to f*cking break the thing. It's terrible...Stupid f*cking jokes about Skittles and cliche RPGs...wtf.

DON'T BOTHER.

LOL, yeah that's the one. And yeah it IS really, really cheesy.

But like a Mystery Science 3000 flick, it's so bad it's almost good.

I found the game itself to be reasonably playable, although the first few levels were awfully 'sparse'. And a couple of the spots where you need to jump are 'hard' in a crappy control kinda way, due to the third person controls.

But despite the product placement, the combine skittles for certain powers system actually isn't half bad, the voices are fairly well done. And best yet, the script is self-referentially sarcastic enough to avoid being irritable otherwise.

Although it's been quite some time now since I actually played it, so it's reached that 'fuzzy memory' stage of rememberance. It's almost enough to make me put down R-Type Final and load it up just to finish it...

Jordan L

Jan 20, 2008
Unfortunately I've never finished:

250px-Shadowrun_box_art.jpg

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Le bump.

My to-do list expands... :-V

- Sin episodes
- Deus ex! (I know! I know! :D...)
- Portal (halfway)
- HL episode 1 and 2
- Mohaa
- Outcast
- Farcry
- avp (sigh.... one day, one day...) Skirmish is fun, though.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
- Portal (halfway)
- HL episode 1 and 2

Get to work boy!
Unfortunately I've never finished:
250px-Shadowrun_box_art.jpg
Same, but I plan to eventually!... once I get my DS snes emu running. ><
Elder Scrolls III Morrowind
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
Jet Force Gemini
Same, cause they sucked.

Also never finished Planescape and FFX. FFX's story didn't really interest me much and that's the only reason why I play JRPGs. Planescape I bought but I never got around to damn it, even though I love Fallout. I'll get around to that one too in a couple years. >.>
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - One of the first games I bought after I upgraded my PC last year. Played the first level and haven't played it since. It just somehow feels different than the other SC games...

Same again, not sure why but I didn't enjoy the 3rd and 4th as much as 1 and 2. :hmm:

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Le bump.

My to-do list expands... :-V

- Sin episodes
- Portal (halfway)
- HL episode 1 and 2
- Mohaa
- Outcast
- Farcry
- avp (sigh.... one day, one day...) Skirmish is fun, though.

I may have that beat

- Xenosaga Ep 2&3 (going on like 3 years now or something like that, hell ep 3 is still in its plastic. Not a bad series just trying to find the right time)
- Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (last boss and just cant force myself to try and finish)
- Soldier of Fortune Payback (mwhaha)
- Turok pc (I think its a decent game but the load times are just killer for me)
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma
- ES4:Oblivion (just trying to find the right time)
- Unreal
- Paper Mario(virtual console)
- Sonic the Hedgehog(ps3 - technically not finished because I only went through sonics portion. May never finish either bleck)

Of course with MGS4 coming out tonight, I may never get caught up again :(

Last edited:

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
- Portal (halfway)

:lol: C'mon Neo, the game is ultra-short.

I've never gotten around to play Deus Ex. I've been wanting to play it ever since I finished the sequel, which I liked (yes, I'm a blasphemer). I actually have a copy, it's just waiting for me to install it.

Also bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. a couple of months ago, I'm still only 20 mins in so far. Same with Morrowind. :shy:

Unfortunately, all of them seems likely to get added to my list of discounted games that I pick up and never really get into. It's a stupid habit.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
My to do list expands even though I beat a few games.

Baroque
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
We <3 Katamari
Ico
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
The Mark of Kri
Persona 3: Shin Megamei Tensei
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Call of Duty 4
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Crysis
Burnout Paradise
Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide, Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark, Neverwinter Nights 2
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Half-Life Episode 1, Half-Life Episode 2
Deus Ex
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Company of Heroes
Serious Sam: The First Encounter, Serious Sam: The Second Encounter, Serious Sam 2
Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, Devil May Cry 3
Ninja Gaiden 2
Grand Theft Auto IV
Dead Rising
The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess
The World Ends With You
Final Fantasy III
Super Mario Galaxy
Trauma Center
Rondo of Swords
Kirby and the Canvas Curse
The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass
Advance Wars
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Resident Evil 4
Killer 7
Megaman 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
and 8
Megaman X-4, 5,
and 6
Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2
Indigo Prophecy
Okami
Bully
Starcraft
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Super Paper Mario
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Odin Sphere
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

:(

*shuffles off to play some games*

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I don't know if I mentioned them before, but...

Forza 2
NFS: PS
GT3
Starcraft
C&C 3
Supreme commander
Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario
StarFox adventures (Wow, **** this 5 bucks game)

Or any other racing game/RTS with a career, boooooring (Except Test Drive Unlimited, because that game was awesome for the first month it was released.) The only game I may eventually want to finish probably is Mario Sunshine, I just really hate the water gameplay, I preferred the 64 version much more... Oh and lets not talk about how ****ing silly the plot is in sunshine. Arg, I hate it.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Mafia. However I am making my way through it right now. Great game. The cars [from the 1930's mind you] somehow handle better than the cars in GTA4 which handle like boats for some reason. I've never seen looser suspension in my life. Of course, the more sporty cars remedy this problem, but seriously, a majority of the cars you start off with in GTA4 almost tip over due to excessive body roll. :con:

Back to the subject of Mafia, I think it's better than the GTA games. More atmospheric, cinematic, better story, more varied missions. It's a slower paced game but damn it sucks you right in. Can't wait for Mafia 2, unfortunately it's still a year or more away.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Unreal 2
Max Payne
Mafia
Painkiller
SW:JA <-unbelievable considering I've replayed Jedi Outkast 5 or 6 times now....

NES: Snake's Revenge

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Mafia. However I am making my way through it right now. Great game. The cars [from the 1930's mind you] somehow handle better than the cars in GTA4 which handle like boats for some reason. I've never seen looser suspension in my life. Of course, the more sporty cars remedy this problem, but seriously, a majority of the cars you start off with in GTA4 almost tip over due to excessive body roll. :con:

Back to the subject of Mafia, I think it's better than the GTA games. More atmospheric, cinematic, better story, more varied missions. It's a slower paced game but damn it sucks you right in. Can't wait for Mafia 2, unfortunately it's still a year or more away.
I've still got Mafia loaded up but never finished it. I'm still trying to get through the race car mission. I must get back into it and give it another run.

Painkiller I managed to get through by cheating it. I thought the game was pretty disappointing overall. The Battle Out of Hell expansion was the better set of levels.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I've still got Mafia loaded up but never finished it. I'm still trying to get through the race car mission. I must get back into it and give it another run.

Race car mission is fixed in 1.2 patch. They now let you choose the difficulty level of the AI. Choose "very easy" and you can practically get out of your car and jog around the track faster than the AI can drive. No joke, it's that easy now. :D

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I've tried the painkiller demo. No saving option... While battling dozens and dozens of monsters. How many are there in the first map? 200 or so? And the next bit more than 300?
And all of this in one run ? That's crazy.

Postal2 demo was fun. I really need to get a copy of that game.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I remember playing The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall and getting annoyed that the game would crash all the time. Some of the monsters in the dungeons were pretty tough. It seems that there was no end to the missions also. I used to walk on foot between the towns for hours and only figured out much later there was a shortcut.

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Tons of them
Let's see..

Deus Ex, Splinter Cell, Black & White - Dropped all of those after lvl 3
Half Life - Got halfway through, then it started to bore me
Halo, Doom3 - Both just too damn repetitive

And then there are: RA2 (and YR), Generals (and ZH), GTAIII, MystIV (though I've completed every other Myst), AoM, PK, Morrowind, Diablo and many, many more

2,5 years later.. only Half Life, MystIV and Morrowind are off of the list.
I don't even know what game "PK" is.. :x

Anyhow. The new titles that can be added to the list:
Black & White 2, Pariah, PoP:WW, NOLF2, Far Cry, Brothers In Arms, SettlersIV, NFS:Most Wanted, HL2: Episode Two, Painkiller and then some more which I can't remember.
Due to my lack of high-end machinery, I've only bought UT3 and The Orange Box in the last year to 2 years. It shows, doesn't it?