Which games did you never complete?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zhan

Dec 27, 2004
I could probably think of hundreds I haven't finished. But of the set of games I really enjoyed, and played a lot - I never actually finished:

Super Mario World. I get to the level three levels away from Bowser's castle and become bored of it.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Marty-o?

treetg3.jpg

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Too many unfinished games to mention but recent casualties include:

1) Oblivion
2) Gears of War
3) Bioshock
4) Mass Effect
5) Condemned (need to finish this as very original and had awesome atmosphere)

Games finished:

1) Tomb Raider (best game I ever played)
2) Tomb Raider Legends (pretty sh1t actually)
3) Quake 1 & 2
4) Unreal
5) Panzer Dragoon

dub

Feb 12, 2002
This list could go on for ever if I included all my old console, indie, doujin and arcade games. So I'll just add the "AAA" games that pop into my head.

GoW PC- many reasons, but stopped playing like at the end of the first or second level
Bioshock - had better games at the time it was installed, lost interest
F.E.A.R
TimeShift - crap
Freedom Fighters
Black and White - got bored
Mr. Robot - Lost interest somehow, but the game is pretty good
The Chronicles of Riddick - really good game, no idea why I never finished it: todo list
Painkiller - Lost interest
Doom 3 - got bored
Beyond Good and Evil
SWAT 4 - Didn't like

I still have a bunch of games installed which aren't finished, but because they are still installed I guess I plan on finishing them at some point.

Jordan L

Jan 20, 2008
This game got criticized for its extreme difficulty, and labeled Impossible to beat. I never finished this game, even after a few rents, back in the day.

300px-Btinbm.jpg

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
There are so many games that I've never finished. Take the GTA series for instance. Halfway through I just get bored with the story, look for a way to unlock everything then just play around in the city. I used to relax after a hard day's work by driving a Stinger around in GTA3. :)

I still need to finish Portal (saved it about a quarter of the way through level 19), and I'd like to replay Planescape Torment to finish that, too. I'm currently going through HL2 and it's quite fun (I played it for the first time when I got The Orange Box because I was opposed to Steam for a long time for being rubbish).

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
Kid Chameleon (Genesis/Megadrive)
Technically I have finished it, but that was via the use of an emulator and serious abuse of the added quicksave option.

Boulderdash I&II (C64)
I swear I have played these for over twenty years and I have never finished either one of them.

Starcraft: Broodwar
Theres this one Zerg mission where you are on an island and you have to flatten the Zerg that are under Terran control and the Terrans themselves. Been stuck on that one ever since I finally gained a copy of Broodwar, almost 3 years ago.

AvP
Is it just me or are those Alien bonus levels running on some kind of hidden, stupidly hard, difficulty setting?

The Sims
What? It counts; I've never finished it. No one has.

Star Trek: New Worlds
A Star Trek strategy game. I was so excited when I learned of its existence. I played it once.
It looks great, I especially love the way the buildings collapse rather than explode when destroyed, or the way the construction drones build everything polygon by polygon as though building it panel by panel, or how the phasers had a real screaming beam of death feel to them, but is was so dull.
And easy. Incredibly, stupidly easy.
I completed the Federation campaign on my first go, went to bed, and have never played it since.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
If that ****ing cook on that ****ing japanese level does his "smoke a cigarette in thirty seconds" trick once more I'll ****ing scream.
And if it's not that its the ****ing guard in the garden spotting the ****ing cooks body through a ****ing fence at ****ing night while wearing sunglasses.

GGA_Nate

I train people, not dogs.
Jan 20, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
www.myspace.com
Tomb Raider - Game kept crashing when I got to Atlantis.

System Shock 2 - Great game, but too long and too hard. I think I got over half-way through it.

Thief 2 - Loved the first one, but I didn't dig the Mechanist dudes and the omission of certain fantastical elements, that is, zombies and craymen and other supernatural monsters. It simply doesn't have the atmosphere that Thief: The Dark Project has.

Diablo 2 - Point and click, point and click, repeat ad nauseam.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Splinter Cell: Double Agent - One of the first games I bought after I upgraded my PC last year. Played the first level and haven't played it since. It just somehow feels different than the other SC games, but what really put me off is the fact that the 3D sound is screwed up in Vista. It's almost non-existant, making it exceedingly difficult to pinpoint where a sound is coming from.

F.E.A.R. Extraction Point - Same as above except I haven't even tried it yet. Both games were of course rather cheap, though.

I've also got a handful or so of PSP games that I haven't bothered finishing. Puzzle Quest in particular is one I intend to pick up again some time soon, because it's an awesome game.

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
I never beat games. Here's a list of all the games I've ever beaten in my entire life.

Kirby's Dreamland
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
God of War
Half Life 2
Portal

I have to say though, I am planning on adding HL2 Episodes One, Two, and when it comes out Three to that list.

Evill_Bob

Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer
Dec 19, 2005
In your computer, duh.
Games I have never finished (due to shiney or disgust):
Elder Scrolls III Morrowind: Great fun for someone with ADD, it'll take you years to beat a game that you can easily get distracted in.
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion: Same as above only with more dicking around with Sherogorath's stuff.
Jet Force Gemini: Damn robo-bug controlled by the loveably shootable panda alien at the end always got me 'cause Juno wasn't the one jacked up with all the ammo.
Final Fantasy VII: I just got fed up with the last stretch of the game, I could beat it but it was about as fun as anal rape to me.
Final Fantasy VIII: there is only so much emo one man can take, Squall was just too much for me.
Star Fox 64: Beat the easy path but Andross always killed me by beating me with his disembodied brain on the hard path.
Forsaken 64: I may be able to beat it now that I'm a better gamer but back then those spammy homming missles always got me.
Mechwarrior 3: Nearly beat it then my computer crashed, never got around to getting to the dropship at the end.
Mechassault: Phantom War: this game was about as fun as a bowl of dicks.
Crimson Skies (the original on the PC): Gang banged by gyro-choppers.
Metal Gear 3: Snake Eater: Kept me busy for an hour and I never picked it up again.
Panzer Dragoon Orta: Maybe the most beautiful and well exicuted game for some, I not one of them.
Star Wars: Empire at War: Die rebels, die! Huh? Oh yeah, single player campaign. Yeah, yeah, yeah... played it for a few minutes. Oh hang on Obi-wan is looking at my AT-ATs like a deer in head lights. Maximum fire power! Hah-ha! Deflect THAT you freakin' jedi!

Games I wish I didn't finish:
Army Men: Sarge's War: What the **** is wrong with me, I knew the series went south after the first one so why did I even bother?

Last edited:

PainAmplifier

Evil by Example
Almost forgot this one...

Darkenedy Skye I keep planning on going back and finsihing it, but just never got around to re-installing it and completing the game. I even have the save files somewhere and I'm somewhere in the mid game...just past the first unhealthy jumping on crap over water part.