Unreal XP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Well, actually it would.

1) Either you wolud have to create your own single-player code or use an existing one with permission - single mods for UT2004 DO EXIST.

2) You would have to resize all levels - in their original size they would be to small for UT2004. (MOST IMPORTANT)

3) You would have to fetch the S3TC textures from UT99 CD2 as well as additional textures from RTNP (Castle.utx is the file that new RTNP tex's got into) and revamp them a bit...

4) Weapon GFX would also have to be updated.

5) You could use monsters from the UT2003 Bonus Pack - they got into UT2004 if I remember correctly.

6) This remake of Unreal would be ready to use. :p

Lynxx

Jul 2, 2000
Visit site
Sir_Brizz said:
You can just patch it.

Of if you want to play the original version, just go to C:\Unreal\System and edit the Unreal.ini then find the line that says something like CDPath= and change it to C:\Unreal
Just now changed my v209 unreal.ini to that and still need cd ..

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
DigitalPixie said:
Just now changed my v209 unreal.ini to that and still need cd ..
Sorry, you need a closing \.

So it should be C:\Unreal\System\

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Really, No CD patches are needless for U1, UT, UT2003, UT2004 - the official patches remove the check. You still need one of you don't like searching through your CD collections for: Unreal II (even if patched) and XMP Setup file, as they have not been officially released from this curse. I believe this is a form of punishment for having the original disc - the warez guys already have this unwrapped. I'll tell you something. Although i DO HAVE all Unreals in their legal versions, I still use cracks for U2 and XMP. I will NOT search through the entire CD collection for those CDs unless I need to just INSTALL the games. That's it. Screw that protection crap - I have a clean conscience no matter what does the EULA say (and EULA prohibits using cracks for whatever reason). Of course, people who use cracks for pirating games are just idiots cutting the branch they're sitting on - but if one has a legal version (like me, you all the others that appear here), one can use cracks freely - as long as one does not use these for illegal purposes.

Slim Vision - if you are searching for No CD 209, or sth like that - try special crack-sites. I'm not going to give you any URLs here on this forum.

Actually when I mentioned the patch I was refering to the official updates for th egames (I couldn't remember if either one or both of the last patches for Unreal & UT removed the CD check - haven't played either of them for a loooong time).

I do agree with you though, about no cd cracks. I find it highly irritating how these game developers spend thousands, if not more, on copy protection so pirates have a hard time pirating the software which comes back and hits the gamers who are playing perfectly legally right in the arse. Sure, okay, they can spend all their money on stopping pirates by implimenting cd copy protection, they can impliment serial numbers, cd checks whilst installing... All that I'm fine with. But do they really have to force you to pu the CD in the drive everytime you play? That's just annoying. And, let's face it, if a pirate wants to crack their smelly game, they will, and they do. All this copy protection is basically useless in the long term anyway... So what's the ****ing point? /rant

BarneyGumball

Just Another User
Mar 4, 2006
Australialand =]
Slim Vision said:
Sure, okay, they can spend all their money on stopping pirates by implimenting cd copy protection, they can impliment serial numbers, cd checks whilst installing... All that I'm fine with. But do they really have to force you to pu the CD in the drive everytime you play? That's just annoying. And, let's face it, if a pirate wants to crack their smelly game, they will, and they do. All this copy protection is basically useless in the long term anyway... So what's the ****ing point? /rant

My most FAVOURITE factor of Half Life 2...

but yes it does end up being kind of pointless...

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Damn right, Slim Vision. That's why I don't play without a NoCD unless there isn't one. Quite simply, because I don't like being ***ed in the arse. Serial numbers - fine. CD Checks, even starforce on the setup... fine. CD Checks when running game - SOD OFF. That's exactly what I have to say to game developers. If they really wanna call me names because of that - be my guest. I'll keep doing what I'm doing. As long as I own the original discs, they shouldn't ***in' care.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
The_Head said:
I've managed to get the game installed. except I can't play it because my disc is scratched to hell and back. :( lol

I really wanted to ply some retro unreal after finding it in a box of old stuff

go get yourself one of these disc scratch grinder thingies and smooth the CD out.

The burned data is INSIDE the CD, not on.

There are for sale now these CD gloves...
they stick to the CD bottom and allow the CD to play, but protects the surface.

Vhyndikator

Man of the Sea
Mar 2, 2008
I have an 8800XT and my problem is the choppiness throughout the game simply because its going to fast... or really slowly like "moon walking." any ideas?

Vhyndikator

Man of the Sea
Mar 2, 2008
Maybe 2 seconds at most during choppiness. In the intro sequence around Nali Castle, it will start slow, speed up to a point, then slow, all within about 3 seconds each time.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Like it was said earlier, are you using 64bit CPU? If yes, disable it before playing or use the 64bit fix (found somewhere on the internet).