OK we've all whined now let's get positive

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HudsonC

Jan 30, 2008
yeah the UI sucks okay everyones heard that.
I think the custom content Rocks. All you Mappers and modders. Congrats you are the ones that are keeping it Unreal!
I have downloaded 60+ maps and Mutators. Got 2 types of ripper back, Great Maps coming from the community. Lego Rocks not as game play but as what mappers can do.
Yeah, Mark Riens needs to be on a leash, some times. but Epic admitted their mistake and I think we should give them a chance to fix UT 3.
Let's be positive and and give UT 3 the support it deserves even if the creators did not understand how badly we wanted a game out of the box.
On all the forums I've seen, most argue the game play is good. So everyone that complains get the great maps and mods. So Let's play the UT3.

Post up the great maps, what works well on servers what doesn't. I think most mapper want to know if a map works well on a server.
Let's Fire up the community... Let them know when maps work good, great or not so much.
Get involved in testing maps. characters,mods.
there are only 2 options now. Either the Community will drag UT 3 out or you will be stuck playing something not Unreal.
I love Unreal and I want UT4. Maybe everyone wants it to do die.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vlad

The Dude
Oct 19, 2000
DC
www.pc-gamers.net
Epic has taken two positive steps forward in their updates. While the timing of these updates may have left some people with a bit less than a enthusiast's attitude towards the game, it is still making progress and I'm finding that I am enjoying the game more and more.

Now if we could get a few more bugs eradicated, (OpenAL and Creative's X-RAM cards for one), I would be overjoyed!

$hagratH

Jan 24, 2008
ive noticed a little bit more people on the servers then a week or two ago,,thats positive
and the insta gib servers are more popular nowdays as well,,also good if you ask me:D

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
Post up the great maps, what works well on servers what doesn't. I think most mapper want to know if a map works well on a server.

YES! One thing that is always an important factor of UT games is the strong community support. If you encourage mappers then they will make more maps. Encourage modders and you will see more mods. It's very beneficial.

Spank$hot_BT

Feb 11, 2008
Has the 'invalid URL' issue been rectified?
I'm still not seeing custom maps on populated DM servers online.
This really needs to change if the game is to have any longevity and to get more mappers involed.

Epic need to give this game a shot in the arm!
A rerelease with all issues fixed, new content and a good demo - 'UT3 Ultimate' edition perhaps!?

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Epic need to give this game a shot in the arm!
A rerelease with all issues fixed, new content and a good demo - 'UT3 Ultimate' edition perhaps!?

I'd call it as it was supposed to be in the past: Unreal Tournament - Envy. That was cool IMO.

Spank$hot_BT

Feb 11, 2008
Envy does indeed sound cooler, but a clear statement of intent is needed in the title. ie 'UT3 ultimate' or ideally 'UT3 all fixed up and better now' ...mmm ... doesn't quite have the same ring...

Captain_Tea

Jan 22, 2008
It has been very good to see people coming back since the release of patch1.2. My clan server has been getting more traffic. My server has a bunch of custom maps, a good working redirect with the newly enabled file compression and votable gametypes (shameless plug :D).

I have also put together a map pack of all the maps on my server so guys don't have to spend so much time downloading. There are links to download the map pack or individual maps here: http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25152

Last edited:

UndeadRoadkill

Mar 26, 2001
I think the custom content Rocks. I have downloaded 60+ maps and Mutators.

Most of them aren't very good, and maps and simple, simple mutators are the only things there are an abundance of right now. Furthermore, I think the game can be fun online, but most servers don't run custom content like that. I think the game is pretty dull offline due to all the hacking and slashing of features, so this custom content doesn't seem worth the HD space. I'd love to have a mod or something that's so awesome it draws me in despite all that, but I haven't seen it yet.

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
Well to be positive:

Epic has stated they are still addressing issues with the game, and will fix them. I think another great plus is that alot was learned about why going backwards in time for a UT game might not have been such a great idea. Lessons learned are very valueable.

I think the core of the game is rather solid, much like UT2003 was. It's surely a great base to build from. I just hope that Epic tries to please many of the old fans of the 99 game, and the 200x games. I think each side can coexist in one game easily, it just takes mad refinement. Instead of trying to take the best elements, they kinda just went back to what they percived as working well, but forgot why they changed some of those things to begin with. Epic games is on the up and up, and we have alot to look forward to in the respect we should see more Epic titles on average every year.

I just want Cliffy and Ewing to return to UT.

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
But do you have other clans to play? :)
Yes!
crysmile.gif