UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CVROY

Mar 8, 2003
if servers are stable with this 1.2 I may take down my quake wars server and go back to UT3... wofting, wofting, oh yeah everyone likes their own brand don't they!

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok, to save me a zillion hassels.
I downloaded the Free Dedicated server and installed it on my LAN Test Server PC, including the Patch2.
Now to save me a lot of searching etc, how do I get this going.
Is the command lines similar to ut2k4 or what ?

[PHX]Big_Deal

Feb 13, 2008
Germany
www.phoenix-4ever.de
Thats my commandline:
C:\Unreal Tournament 3 (Dedicated)\Binaries\UT3.exe Server VCTF-Suspense?Game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Content?Mutator=utc3v01beta.UTMutator_utc3v01beta?Numplay=6?MaxPlayers=20?NumPublicConnections=20?NumPrivateConnections=0?MinNetPlayers=1?BotSkill=5?Difficulty=4?bIsDedicated=true?bUsesStats=true?ForceRespawn=0?bShouldAdvertise=true?PureServer=1?bIsLanMatch=false?bAllowJoinInProgress=true -Login=XXX -Password=XXX -Log=server.log -PORT=6666 -nohomedir -unattended

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Thank you.
Ahhh I see you also wisely rerouted the installation NOT to go to the 'Program Files' folder etc.
I cannot understand Epic doing this and also the "Documents and Settings\Complicated\Hidden away\no one can find it\unknown username\whatever else\a fcukup\they can make\folders"

Me thinks Microsoft wrote the code for UT3 because its all to similar to M$ Office :(

** Edit **
I thought the -login=xxx and -password=xxx was for clients only and has nothing to do with the server ?
Does this mean the server installation needs a 'Profile' created for itself also ?

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok the server profile is not needed and nor is the -login stuff.
Checked the code, that stuff is clientside only.
My server now works great.
Also ?NumBots does not exist, nor does ?Botskill ;)

I fixed my UT3Monitor to work with these servers, so I can now go direct to the server with my -login etc and do not have to use the slowwwwwwwwwwww UT3 browser :)
The online version of ChatBots.u is also complete so the Bots can now all chat with each other.
Just testing atm :)

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
ahhh, glad you asked that, so I'm not the only one.
First I thought it was my ChatBots mutator (hence the reason I have not let it out yet), then I ran the server 'clean' but still, every now during a map changeover, it crashes to the desktop with a critical about some unknown file it cannot find.

I must say the more I play UT3 the less I like it.
The weapon change is far far too slow.
In Deathmatch the character skins are almost invisible as they blend with the crap colorless background textures.
Even with the Bots in 'average' skill level, they often play like 'super gods' and annihilate you.
Their accuracy is uncanny, you shoot them with the Flakcannon at almost point blank range and they walk away, but they shoot you from a distance, you dead.
I am really really trying very hard to motivate myself to code for this game but often find myself doing other things :(

CVROY

Mar 8, 2003
I'll be getting my UT3 server up this weekend after overwhelming vote from the WGS community.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I will say I am pretty happy with the client, needs a few mods to make all better :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
[PHX]Big_Deal;2089856 said:
hmmm my server never crashed since the first patch...and yes the weapon switch is too slow
mmm ok, maybe my server PC is not good enough as its my old UT2k4 server.
Celeron 2 gig - 512 meg memory - Xp Pro

I'll get the ChatBots ready this weekend for you to test as I thought maybe it was it that caused the crash, but the server crashes without it.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
LOL, sorry, I forgot :)
I'm getting heavily involved in coding for Simulator Motion Control software for planes, tanks, vehicles and also arcade games etc..
I was given copies of M$ flight simulator FS9 and FS10 to checkout as a platform to start with so we're learning to fly (and crash) atm :D
This company is also giving me a game called Combat to play online with to get some 'community' experience ;)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Well the only advice I can give you is if you purchased your 8800GT before February 2008 then the chances are you got one of the faulty ones where the Anti-Alaising and Trillinear does not work properly.
You can follow some of the problems and complaints on the nVidia forum.
http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t54651.html
If this is the case then the only suitable driver that works well with these cards is a beta version 169.13 available here:
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10
If this is your case, I recommend you use nHancer which solved the above problems for nVidia:
http://www.nhancer.com/?dat=downloads

I use nHancer even with the latest 8800GTR2 and latest drivers as it's Anti-Alaising and Trillinear buffers work even in a windowed mode and also with software rendering which is really fantastic and not like the hardware Anti-Alaising and Trillinear, it does not slow things down.