Lunar Eclipse

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Its happening right now, and I can see it pretty good from where I'm at (East Coast US). I don't have a camera worth taking pictures for though. If anyone is in the region and wants to see it, do it now!

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Ok I don't get what the big deal is. It was just a tiny moon with a shadow over it. There are some days where the moon is HUGE, bright and orange. And that is much more impressive than this garbage.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Great view here in western WA, since it was right as the moon was coming up and looked huge, sitting there all orange and low in the sky.

It's already clearing up but I'm glad I got to see this one - best eclipse I've seen so far.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
I thought it looked the best when there was just a sliver of light remaining and the rest of the moon darkened.

Seriously though, it's a big deal because it only happens once in a great while and it means the sun, the earth, and the moon are precisely aligned. Pretty cool if you ask me. If you're looking for amazing visuals, fire up some DM-Deimos in UT3 and stop complaining about how the real world doesn't live up to your expectations.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Lots of spotty clouds here in RVA, but I got to see the moon at its most shadowed ~10:50 through binoculars. Purty kewl. :)

My hands are f**king numb and my neck hurts and I can hardly type this out because my fingers aren't bending properly, but it was worth it.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Seriously though, it's a big deal because it only happens once in a great while and it means the sun, the earth, and the moon are precisely aligned. Pretty cool if you ask me. If you're looking for amazing visuals, fire up some DM-Deimos in UT3 and stop complaining about how the real world doesn't live up to your expectations.

I read a newspaper article telling me to break all plans and dates for February 20th, because this would be quite spectacular. They made it out to be better than sex, so excuse me if I was disappointed. :rolleyes:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I thought it looked the best when there was just a sliver of light remaining and the rest of the moon darkened.

No wonder you think it looks good, you're freakin blind, you think a game compares to the real world. :p

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I need a DSLR camera.:( This was the best I could do with my Powershot G6.

[SCREENSHOT]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2080/2280331235_e93f38ef5e_b.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Hmm. I didn't see any redness. Maybe before the shadow really got dark and covered the whole it thing it was kind of a very desaturated orange. Maybe. I wanted it to be blood red, to be honest, but it was still neat.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I need a DSLR camera.:( This was the best I could do with my Powershot G6.

[SCREENSHOT]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2080/2280331235_e93f38ef5e_b.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

I've got one, and trust me it didnt help the last time we had a lunar eclipse.

I had a 500mm lens with a 2x converter and that still wasnt enough to fill even 1/3 my frame. Lenses in this range are much too expensive for myself to invest in since nobody pays for lunar shots. Even if your lucky, it still wont be enough to make even the first payment on your $8k lens! Telescope anyone?

Tis better to experience with your own eyes :)

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Yeah yeah... my roomate and I ran outside for about 10 minutes to gaze.

It's cool looking, sure. But I've seen it before, this year it wasn't too spectacular. We had perfectly clear skies but it seemed very small this time around, I guess the rock was closer a few years back.

Personally I found the visibility of the stars around it much more intriguing.