UT3 DM-Cryostasis Beta 3.6 [Downloadable w/Screenshots]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
DM-Cryostasis Final [Downloadable w/Screenshots]

Map Name: Cryostasis
Version: Final?
Compatibility: PC
Description: A tight, deadly Cryogenics research facility transformed into an even deadlier arena, Cryostasis was designed for research on chemical reactions between flesh and particle arresting weaponry in hopes of finding a method of fighting krall-necris troops by sending them to their frozen deaths.
Recommended Player Count: Best played as a 4-8 player map for balance.
Comments: FINISHED!
Screenshots:

Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3
Screen 4

Download Map here

Last edited:

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Why don't you just play the map? I don't recall you ever actually downloading it and playing it. The map is fun, as most people say, and it disturbs me to hear that someone is pre-judging it by the screenshots. Nonetheless, the map is fun, and that's all that counts for casual play.

Last edited:

osirisrt

Jan 23, 2008
Orkney - Scotland
Played this but wasnt quite my cup of tea really. Way too dark for my liking, and i wasnt too happy with the general flow of the map either sadly. Theres still areas that you get stuck against while running around, and i didnt like only being allowed to go one way and not the other (ie, i constantly kept running down towards the fan lift - i would have prefered it wider to at least jump over and continue down in that direction), and also wasnt fond of the dead end (where sniper rifle is i think), but thats just me. (theres also an occasional getting stuck on that bridge over to the rifle too). Overall its ok, but needs more fixing, and isnt quite what id like to play.

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Don't worry, I've got another map in the works with more open space, more variety. But, I've received a warmer welcome before in the EpicGames Forums. Maybe it's just me, but I did fix a few of those things in 3.7. I could post a link to the download here in this site. I just hadn't updated recently, which is quite sad, really. The sniper rifle, well, that "Dead" end is really there because it's a roost, and for a roost, you want a way not to be snuck up on. I can't really change much because the map itself is in RC1 status in the EpicGames forums. Also, I can't necessarily change much about the fan lift either, it's been there since day 1. However, you may soon see my new map: Permafrost (w/vehicles) in a few days. It has a surface level that enables lots of open ranged combat, while beneath the snow, there are tight corridors and small spaces (with vents) that compress the combat to link guns, flak cannons, stingers, Impact Hammers, and other CQC weapons. Maybe in the final version, I could eliminate the want to go down that path by placing a one-way door.

Last edited:

osirisrt

Jan 23, 2008
Orkney - Scotland
Don't worry, I've got another map in the works with more open space, more variety. But, I've received a warmer welcome before in the EpicGames Forums.

I could eliminate the want to go down that path by placing a one-way door.

personally that would annoy me even more, as i understand what your sayin, but while playin and running around, i automatically get the need to run down that way, but then have to keep turning and going back again. surely its not too difficult to open that fan vent area alittle so someone could jump 'over' and down.. not really complaining though, just my opinion and is your call in the end.

No offence to anyone at the epicgames forums, but you do tend to get alot more 'warmer welcomes' there with your maps (yours as in, anyone who posts maps), which in some ways doesnt always help when trying to get feedback on your map, as theres alot that will just post, awwesom map! great!. etc. when what you really need is good feedback etc.

but anyhow yeah, the maps ok, just not quite my thing. Be interesting to see this next one you speak of. :D

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Well, I did get a harsh welcome with the alpha of the map, but once I reached a certain point, say beta 3.1 or 3.2, I got a lot better notes from one person in particular: Anuban.

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cryostasis: Finalized. What to do next? I'd like some feedback on DM-Frigid, and that seems to be sitting still in the snow right now. Nobody's commented. And I want to make the map better.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
tight-a$$ base map in cold climate on deserted planet maybe? The detail, shadows, hues, moving parts, sounds, music and epilepsy lights give the map a good atmosphere. I also liked the jumppads, lifts and panel doors. I can get stuck on top of fan in corridor and my team bots could use some help. Too many things to trip on or get stuck near; although, I did like the connectivity and z-axis.