Official UT3 Loving Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HudsonC

Jan 30, 2008
I really do Like UT3. I can see the potential of the game and have already downloaded 60+ maps. The Community is great. I am disappointed with Epic because I waited 3 years for this game and couldn't play it on a LAN without a Patch. I really think UT3 has great potential, just tired of Epic treating a lot of the PC people like a bastard at the family reunion.

Scuzzbuster

It's Crunchy. It's Nice.
Jan 28, 2001
Indiana, USA
www.deviantknowledge.com
I'm an old and jaded UT community member 8 years now and the thing I still just finally am tired of is the haters hanging on thinking that they're going to convince those of us enjoying and playing the game that we shouldn't play or like the game.

Sorry for those of you disappointed...we understand some of your criticisms...but ultimately we disagree with your final opinion. Sorry you think spending so much time photoshopping clever pictures of UT patches or sinking ships is going to convince someone that they don't really feel the way they really feel about this game (or anything else for that matter).

Really You've come up with several dozen ways to either "cleverly," obscenely, or beligerantly show us all what you think, but the time has past to let those of that would like to discuss the game constructively do so.

Sorry if you got banned for trolling at the official forums. It's a free country...it's not a free "forums" here or at Epic. Even if you weren't trolling, tough luck if you caught a mod after probably surfing through 3 dozen troll posts and ended up at yours. Hell, I've managed to be pretty rude there and even got away with calling Mark Rein some nasty names and he managed to close the thread himself without banning me.

Yes. I like the game. Yes I agree that it has some "issues" but almost none of "my" issues with the game extend to the gameplay itself...but ultimately with the .01% of the time I spend in the interface and outside the actual play time, it's not enough to keep me from the quality enjoyment I get from it. Somehow, I didn't manage to get hung up there on my way to judging the package as a whole.

That's my opinion, and I'm not trying to convince those of you not having fun or liking it that you SHOULD like or play the game. Sorry of you're a longstanding UT community member from UT99, too hanging on because of loyalty to the community...but if UT2003 didn't drive you away, it's a pretty hard to see how UT3 in any way shape or form compares to the hellish transition from UT99 to UT2Kx.

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I have to agree that this was a better transition than 99 to 2k3....

I can only hope some kind of major update/rerelease will get some attention. I know plenty of people are playing OFFline, that much is certain (I don't play UT3 online much, but I didnt play UT2004 online much either). The game hardly got bad reviews, it doesn't deserve the negativity that hovers in the air in these forums. That doesn't mean things don't need fixing, but things aren't half as bad as the trolls would like people to think.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I like UT3 a lot. I'd probably like it much more if my frame rate was really smooth, and that might be something that a majority of people feel is true.

-PM-

--
Jan 22, 2008
Iowa
UT3 is good. I'll stand by it.

I'm anticipating what the Chaos team comes up with more than the next revision Epic releases.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Am I the first person... honestly -- to say this..?

OH YEAH! TAKE IT! OH YEAH! EAT IT! OH YEA! OH YEA!

UT3 loving over o.o

Seriously though -- UT3 is a great game... it's just got retards for marketers... that or -- no -- marketers.

HudsonC

Jan 30, 2008
Well I agree with ones are saying hang in there, and thats what I am going to do. We have several different games in our clan and they were shocked to find out that custom maps had been made little alone I had 60+ to load. The community is making BR and I think assualt and I have already got invasion. I also think that map makers and modders Are Fabulous! I wish that Epic gave the unreal engine 3 to the community. I think they would have had UT3 out a year ago. LOL

Last edited:

Deapblade

Jul 15, 2004
I am really loving this game. With UT2k4 I did feel the loss of UT99 game play, and a lot of people liked the old one better (hence the UT99 mods). I feel this game made up for that, which in turn enrages like the people like T2A which i will put in a box labelled '2k4 lovers'.

On one hand I am sorry for you guys you don't have as much fun with it as I do. On the other hand: suck it up, stop whining, and keep playing 2k4. It is not like you have to play latest gen and the old lady sure looks good enough for another few years.

Last edited:

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
UT3 is a lot of fun !
I don't play much becaue of a busy agenda, but whenever I'm playing, it's fun, relaxing, and a pleasure for the eyes.

can't wait for more custom maps !

NedroidicusPrime

Walking Contradiction
Jan 25, 2008
C-Bus, USA
UT3 is the most fun I've had online for any of the UT games. Now, just wish there were more severs with acceptable pings...

or at least acceptable player counts. I mean seriously, 16ppl on deck?! Or worse yet, 16 on that little asian one... Shangri-La or something like that? (not sure, haven't played a whole lot of DM yet)

ados_cz

Feb 17, 2008
Hi all UT3 fans! First of all, I did only touch previous UT, like I played UT99 and UT2004 by my friend for at most 10 hours alltogether. I downloaded UT3 demo just for curiosity and more for to see that next gen graphics, to see how my system will cope with it. (I have core2 e2140 1.6@2.9Ghz, x1900xtx, 2GB ram, abit ip35 dark raider mobo) And I am very pleased how it runs. I have everything maxed in 1280x1024 and average framerate between 50 to 60 fps on vehicle CTF maps. But what I want to say. After plaing demo I fell in love with the game and bought it instantly after it was out in UK for 35 pounds the CE. Since them I play every day for several hours almost for 3 months now. Mostly VCTF but nowadays I am discovering some CTF and custom maps and instan gib as well. What to say. I play BF2 as well with my friends, just for a change of game style, but I love UT most. I love it for many things. I love it for that adrenaline rush it gives me when I escape from enemy base caring flag on hoverboard. I love it for really so many things that I cant name them all just now, because I am posting from mobile phone on night shift. I love that game and I will post all the reasons why I love it later from my PC.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm a Warfare addict. Most fun I've had in Unreal for a couple years.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Having been messing around with the editor the past few days, I must say it's better than the game. :)

Where UT3 lacks features, UnrealEd is full of them. The new stuff is nice, the packages are relatively organized (much, much more so than UT2003/4), the packages I've been using most have their content line up well with the grid, and bot pathing is no longer a huge pain in the ass. I love being able to hold a key and place lights, meshes, pathnodes, ammo, etc. with each click. I used to place one via the right-click menu and duplicate and move as necessary, which sucked.

Apr 11, 2006
Having been messing around with the editor the past few days, I must say it's better than the game. :)

Where UT3 lacks features, UnrealEd is full of them. The new stuff is nice, the packages are relatively organized (much, much more so than UT2003/4), the packages I've been using most have their content line up well with the grid, and bot pathing is no longer a huge pain in the ass. I love being able to hold a key and place lights, meshes, pathnodes, ammo, etc. with each click. I used to place one via the right-click menu and duplicate and move as necessary, which sucked.

How's that done?

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
I know some UT2004 trolls that obsessively bash UT3 or who enjoy it, insulting and flaming because of a damn game. It's really pathetic. But it happens that they are just as retarded as the UT99 ones that bashed UT2003/4 players. Both groups are crap, irrespective of the game they prefer. The flyes are different, it's all the same sh1t.

I hope that the UT3 pseudo-defenders don't forget this.

Last edited:

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Unreal Tournament 3 is in fact the only game I'm planning to keep until Unreal 3 or Unreal Tournament 4 is released. It's one of the games I love the most. Other games I play just to remove for disk space, this one I actually keep on my drives indefinitely. Unreal is the first game I ever truly loved, it's plain and simple the best.

Apr 13, 2003
Somewhere, Unreal
Visit site
I love it. At the end of a match one night THE WINNER had a pile of bio/goop on their rear that exploded at just the "right time" at the ending screenshot when they WON the game lol. Squishy noises, It was hilarious. Everyone exploded in laughter. It is the funny deaths/ kills/ creativity of the game & players that makes it fun time & again.