UT3 Oh My

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Right now, I think all we really need is a new "heavier" low grav mutator and not getting disconnected every time the map changes. I really think that would do it.

DEV, thats the norm. Vlad has the Mutator he was working on need to have a Server Side version. Load it up and try in Single Player. Feels just like 2k4.

Gamespy and EPIC have issues LOL.

Anyway, in the process of installing XP Pro on new rig. Damn, that puppy is quiet. BTW: posted a log over at Sharkies to keep the MOD updated. Not much there at the moment. Have a few new cables due in.

Heindelkin

Feb 16, 2008
I bought UT3 a week ago but I can't find any familiarly named servers :(

edit: found them, had to turn Pure off but for whatever reason I can't connect to the BuA server

Last edited:

Devastator

What are YOU looking at?
Apr 8, 2003
North
bua.beyondunreal.com
I don't really feel the need to have dodge-jump like in 2k4. That I can easily get over. Just want the UT3 gameplay but a heavier lowgarv. Right now, it just feels like dodging in LG will get me killed.

Edition removed

Last edited:

Spl@t

Feb 2, 2005
Florida
kevnascar.com
There are Lograv IG mods that are better than the default LG IG. VP has one and there are several others that fell alot like 2k4. I have been playing RG IG CTF lately and have had alot of fun. Would love to see the LGIG community come back but dont think it will.
BTW Vlad when is the next official patch due out for UT3?

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
I don't really feel the need to have dodge-jump like in 2k4. That I can easily get over. Just want the UT3 gameplay but a heavier lowgarv. Right now, it just feels like dodging in LG will get me killed.

Edition removed

Well, there's also the problem with crosshairs being inaccurate... which really needs to be addressed... because dead on hits at close range that miss can be very frustrating.

There are Lograv IG mods that are better than the default LG IG. VP has one and there are several others that fell alot like 2k4. I have been playing RG IG CTF lately and have had alot of fun. Would love to see the LGIG community come back but dont think it will.

It's not over yet, Spl@t... try to hang in there.

Spl@t

Feb 2, 2005
Florida
kevnascar.com
I dont see how any ini tweak can address a problem with the game/server software.
And I am hanging in there, need to get a DVD in the mail so someone can make us some LGIG maps too! :D

haslo

Moar Pie!
Jan 21, 2008
Bern CH
www.haslo.ch
I dont see how any ini tweak can address a problem with the game/server software.

The aim is off by a bit intentionally, it seems. Don't ask me why that is, guess it's to preserve the "natural feel" of the weapon being slightly to the left or right of your viewpoint when you show it.

You seem to be talking of something else though, since this is not a problem with the game/server software at all, but a configuration thing that can be changed.

Here, I found the tweak in a sticky:

Ultron said:
And now we look into the UTGame.ini.
[...]
bCenteredWeaponFire=True

The game default is to slightly offset where you aim, compared to where the crosshairs of your HUD are, to either the left or to the right of it, depending on what hand you use. If you set WeaponHandPreference to HAND_Right then you will aim to the right of the crosshair, for example. So I set the bCenteredWeaponFire to True to fire at the center of your crosshair by default, regardless of which hand you choose, or if you use Hidden.

haslo

Moar Pie!
Jan 21, 2008
Bern CH
www.haslo.ch
Good luck, and glad to have helped if I did :)

This, just like the "landing shake", seemed rather odd to me too; why would they make you feel less in control than you have to in order to play the game like you're used to? And why don't they show these settings in the menu? Those really are issues :(

Last edited:

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
In all honesty, I think they were trying to make it more realistic... but they should've given us the option to change it.

VladTepz

Nov 29, 2002
RI
Visit site

It's done. So hopefully tommorrow, 2/20/08. It's going to be the beta 4 with a text file change. They’re giving Ryan a chance to get the Linux DS done for a simultaneous release, and Midway QA time to prep their customer service people.

-Vlad

Last edited: