Official UT3 complaint thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 now or waited?

• Glad it is out now, i cant wait.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • Wish they would have waited.

Votes: 85 61.6%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 24 17.4%

• Total voters

amcculley

Jan 20, 2008
Epic is a business. I understand the need to broaden their supported platforms and go after console gamers. But, there are still PC games that are commercially successful - they just have to be good games. Anyone can make a decent game and turn a dollar or 2 on a console. That is all I'll say about that.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Yeah Ive honestly gone to town with some rants on Epics forums especially after the announcement of the 360 version of the game or in regards to cross platform. Sure its not all complaining but it does make you wonder, I even got an infraction at one point but I was blatantly trolling (never banned though). The thread title I recieved the infraction for was "the price of a thread", mind you I havent been very vocal on anything for awhile.

I wonder if its just a new thing that people get banned, for what they are saying is no reason, or perhaps they are just annoyed because they realize they shouldnt have said something.

NedroidicusPrime

Walking Contradiction
Jan 25, 2008
C-Bus, USA
i've seen it to where someone opens a thread saying 'this needs fixed' or 'i have this problem' and then the mod closes it with a link to the patch thread. then like 10 minutes later he had a flaming rant against Epic and the mods cause his thread was locked, then he got banned.

It was really funny, kinda link watching moths go to the flame.... *POOF*

Rahuah

Jan 21, 2008
I'm disapointed with them right now, finding it hard to feel the love.

I got UT3 for PC that came with a bunch of dead horses.

I got UT3 for PS3 that came with more dead horses but it also has no
dodging or crouching with the KB, all the bugs that were present in the
original PC release prior to Patch 1.1 and it freezes up the console randomly
on the map loading screen.

I got Gears Of War for PC that hitches and stutters so bad its unplayable.

Wow, 3 for 3 at about $59.95 a pop. Yep, feeling the hard love right where
I dont want it. :mad::tdown:

Last edited:

NedroidicusPrime

Walking Contradiction
Jan 25, 2008
C-Bus, USA
I'm disapointed with them right now, finding it hard to feel the love.

I got UT3 for PC that came with a bunch of dead horses.

I got UT3 for PS3 that came with more dead horses but it also has no
dodging or crouching with the KB, all the bugs that were present in the
original PC release prior to Patch 1.1 and it freezes up the console randomly
on the map loading screen.

I got Gears Of War for PC that hitches and stutters so bad its unplayable.

Wow, 3 for 3 at about $59.95 a pop. Yep, feeling the hard love right where
I dont want it. :mad::tdown:

Gotta tell ya man, much of what you are complaining about is either already addressed, or will be with the upcoming patch(es).

As far as freezing on ps3, never had a problem, so i cant help ya there.

*TO NOTE*
PS3 does have the ability to dodge, you just jump while holding a direction for movement. It really isn't too hard once you get used to it (especially with jump being set to R3 button). You can crouch, its just handled as a trigger in the map instead of a bound button/key. When you move to a console from PC, you are gonna have stuff like that, mainly due to lack of keys/buttons and hardware limitations.

As far as both UT3 and GoW running bad on your PC, what are your specs? What version of windows you got? You even tried to ask for help?

You would be surprised at how helpful the UT community is. It's just when you start whining (especially on a thread showing support for Epic), people will just get annoyed and say 'good riddance'.

Last edited:

Rahuah

Jan 21, 2008
Gotta tell ya man, much of what you are complaining about is either already addressed, or will be with the upcoming patch(es).

As far as freezing on ps3, never had a problem, so i cant help ya there.

*TO NOTE*
PS3 does have the ability to dodge, you just jump while holding a direction for movement. It really isn't too hard once you get used to it (especially with jump being set to R3 button). You can crouch, its just handled as a trigger in the map instead of a bound button/key. When you move to a console from PC, you are gonna have stuff like that, mainly due to lack of keys/buttons and hardware limitations.

As far as both UT3 and GoW running bad on your PC, what are your specs? What version of windows you got? You even tried to ask for help?

You would be surprised at how helpful the UT community is. It's just when you start whining (especially on a thread showing support for Epic), people will just get annoyed and say 'good riddance'.

If the issues were addresses I would know about it.
*NOTE* KB = keyboard
Please don't go off topic, I was just answering the OP's question.

Last edited:

NedroidicusPrime

Walking Contradiction
Jan 25, 2008
C-Bus, USA
If the issues were addresses I would know about it.
*NOTE* KB = keyboard
Please don't go off topic, I was just answering the OP's question.

WTF are you talking about keyboards for? I was pointing out that your issues were not really there. Now if you can't dodge on keyboard and you really want to dodge, just use controller. On the ps3 you won't really be at too much of a disadvantage.

And no, you weren't answering the OP's question, you were trolling. There is a whole complaint thread for that sort of thing, so please keep it over there.

*edit*
Ok, i missed that you mentioned KB in your original post. Other than that, don't get nasty when someone indirectly offers to help you with your issues.

Last edited:

Pser

Jan 29, 2008
WTF are you talking about keyboards for? I was pointing out that your issues were not really there. Now if you can't dodge on keyboard and you really want to dodge, just use controller. On the ps3 you won't really be at too much of a disadvantage.
Why is NedroidicusPrime still not in "read-only" mode.

Mr. Scary

Speedemupus-Guitarist-Shreddish
Nov 10, 1999
Arizona
Visit site
Eh ..well I was thinking about finally picking up UT3 today but after reading this thread.

Can any seasoned vets gimme a run-down on this? Is it really THAT bad?? I thought the demo was decent, for what it's worth but damn this thread/novel makes me wonder if this game has flopped already?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
If you're not a competitive player and don't mind spending most of your time playing offline, then go buy it.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
I thought the demo was decent

If you thought the demo was decent then you should enjoy the full game. That's what the demo is telling you! :)

There are reports of low player numbers on servers (haven't looked) but it doesn't sound as though it is impossible to get an online game.

You should remember that this thread is designed to concentrate dis-satisfaction and will, of necessity, give you an unbalanced view of the game.

R.Flagg

Feb 15, 2000
Visit site
Well, consider this. If you owned the game right now, you could not even play. The game relies on Gamespy, and if they have issues (like right now) you can't play. And this is not the 1st time it's happened (for a game that's only a couple months old :eek:).

To be blunt, no "vet" can honestly recommend this game in it's current state. The only honest advice to give, would be to wait, and see how it goes. If you weren't "UT-addicted" enough to buy it on day 1, then no, you definitely should not buy it now.

Mr. Scary

Speedemupus-Guitarist-Shreddish
Nov 10, 1999
Arizona
Visit site
Damn....

Actually I love playing online. From what I've read things aren't looking too good. This is the first website I always go to for Unreal related news and I was rather shocked to see the amount of warranted/unwarranted criticism directed at the game.

If you weren't "UT-addicted" enough to buy it on day 1, then no, you definitely should not buy it now.

Heh, well I understand how you can draw that assumption but real life sometimes gets too busy to buy the latest FPS title. I've been playing Unreal since it first came out and was on a dial-up.

Last edited:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
To be blunt, no "vet" can honestly recommend this game in it's current state. The only honest advice to give

To be blunt, I rather resent the implication of that quote.

Mr. Scary stated that he enjoyed the demo. That establishes a baseline of satisfaction. The game plus patch1 is a superior product to the demo - more content, function and bugfixes. Even though I am firmly on the pissed-off front with respect to UT3, I recognise that some people are enjoying the game. If someone enjoyed the demo then there really is no reason to suppose that they would not enjoy the game (for all its myriad defects).

I pointed out the possible issue with online player numbers and that this thread does give a distorted view. How was that less than honest?

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
To be blunt, the full game is excatly like the demo, but with some more maps and Warfare (its ONS, but with hoverboards, an "Orb" that will instantly capture a node, and sometimes you can do stuff like blow up a barricade.. so ONS really).

Its no less or more, remember the 2k3 release? yeah, its that all over, no assault, a bunch of missing options, annoying bugs, but this time there's also a useless server browser, the Admin tools are severely limited, there's no anti-cheat (and several nasty hacks and bots are allready out there), and the game is unstable on many systems (crashes and freezes).

The gameplay is good though, it really is, but its just in a sorry state, and to many of us, despite beeing big UT fans, it is not worth playing in this state, others feel it is ok, but only the blindest of fanboys will tell you that it is satiesfactory.

So get it at your own risk, but my personal opinion would be to wait it out, and see where this is all headed..

NedroidicusPrime

Walking Contradiction
Jan 25, 2008
C-Bus, USA
wow, this thread is still going... do you guys really have nothing better to do? I mean hell, I liked the game and I have moved on to something else (until patch 2 at least).

Come on guys, i understand not liking it. For you 2kx fanboys out there complaining that it isn't 2kx, well guess what, us oldies got our game back. So sorry. Get a new hobby.

I mean, are you childish enough that you need to try and ruin things for everyone else? Were you that damn kid that always pissed in the pool just cause his mom told him to get out?

There are other games out there, and if you want to start whining about how "I just upgraded my system just to play UT3". First of all, you would prolly have upgraded soon anyways for something else. So don't blame your purchases on UT3. If anything you should be happy, cause now you can do your crazy Circue Du Soliel (is that how it's spelled?) moves in 2k4 at like 300fps now.

I myself have complaints with the game (ie, team balance, anti-cheat, etc), but I don't try to ruin it for people who have none. I guess that is one of the major benefits of growing up, you look for constructive ways to deal with things. It's like the Democrats over the past couple years doing nothing but b*tching about how bad Bush is, and not offering any alternatives other than "Whatever isn't what Bush is doing". I'm not a republican, and infact have always voted Dem, but it is just plain pathetic. I have seen children at the playground with more maturity...

Sorry bout the rant, but I saw the guy's post saying that he wouldn't get UT3 (even though he liked the demo) because of what you negative f*cktards have been saying.

NedroidicusPrime

Walking Contradiction
Jan 25, 2008
C-Bus, USA
The OP has every right to feel and write about what he thinks about his purchase of this half-assed console game. I also am very upset at how they treat their pc fans in their forums. Deleting threads and turning a blind eye from their fans that has supported them all these years is totally disgusting! This is why we see alot of people coming in here to vent their anger and frustration about the $50 they have wasted.

For me, I wont buy this game until they offer all the options that we had in 2k4 menus (weaponthrow, custom crosshairs, video options, ext.....) and some serious bot AI fixing and some desparately needed vehicle tweaks!

WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING WHEN YOU HAVEN'T EVEN BOUGHT THE GAME?!!!!!

Seriously dude, you only talk negative, and you don't even have it. STFU!!!

@whoever said that ppl were banned from Epic for a reason
Very true, and it would be nice if they would start banning them here too. I mean, why should I continue to visit a forum that is only comprised of posts being negative to a game that I happen to like? At least ban them from the UT3 forum, because none of these douches have contributed anything remotely useful.

NedroidicusPrime

Walking Contradiction
Jan 25, 2008
C-Bus, USA
Damn....

Actually I love playing online. From what I've read things aren't looking too good. This is the first website I always go to for Unreal related news and I was rather shocked to see the amount of warranted/unwarranted criticism directed at the game.

Heh, well I understand how you can draw that assumption but real life sometimes gets too busy to buy the latest FPS title. I've been playing Unreal since it first came out and was on a dial-up.

If you liked the demo, you will love the game. Don't listen to some of these ppl (especially those who don't even have the game).

*Not many servers to choose from online. - This complaint is semi-invalid simply because the people who say it constantly are typically those who spend their day whining on the forums and trying to ruin a perfectly good game for others. You will never have a problem finding a server to get on. I have tried at all hours of the day, all through the week. It is gradually getting better, and will do so with more patches/bonus packs.

The game is beautiful, and even though the menu system is annoying, you can still get the job done (i.e. playing a match).

DocB

Where does it hurt?
Apr 28, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Yes. Buy it and enjoy it.

Eh ..well I was thinking about finally picking up UT3 today but after reading this thread.

Can any seasoned vets gimme a run-down on this? Is it really THAT bad?? I thought the demo was decent, for what it's worth but damn this thread/novel makes me wonder if this game has flopped already?
I've been playing UT pretty much forever. Have all of the UTs (and some x 2). I have an AMD 2.2 single core, Gig of RAM, an ATI (pre AMD) x850 (AGP) and play on a 1920x1200 fp. I don't have a top of the line rig so I have had to make some graphic compromises to get playable performance. I gotta say I'm enjoying Warfare more than I enjoyed Onslaught. I can recommend you buy the game without reservation!

I think many of the whiners here are just upset that the once PC only game is now on consoles. All those n00bs... ewwwww. Well TFB boys get over it. Epic is a business and makes products for the markets they see. It is not the end of the world. They also support the products they make and don't leave you blowing in the wind.