Best weapon against spider mines?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dcar

May 23, 2006
Spider mines are really pissing me off. Its almost enough to make me not want to play as much onslaught. what is THE best/most effective weapon to shoot spider mines that are coming at you, or that you see lying around a node? I cant seem to find the answer anywhere on the net, all I get is "some weapons are better than others against spider mines". Ok, but WHICH ONES!!???

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Rockets, flak balls. Shock combos, but that's a waste. Shock balls will work. AVRiLs will work. Anything that "blows up."

Last edited:

dcar

May 23, 2006
I hate spider mines

yeah but splash weapons dont do much good when you are running away from spider mines because you ll get damaged as well. I m talking about when I m trying to run away and the #@#^%#@s are chasing me.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
Either shockcores, because they are massive and have fast rate of fire

Or minigun(lots of good ONS players use minigun on spidermines)

Use the minigun to take down redeemers too.

Flak balls don't travel fast enough to take out a spidermine unless it's right next to you, in whcih case you'll get splash damage, I would use flak primary if anything, instead of flak balls because flak primary is more direct, but you're better off just using minigun to be honest.

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
briach said:
Flak balls don't travel fast enough to take out a spidermine unless it's right next to you, in whcih case you'll get splash damage, I would use flak primary if anything, instead of flak balls because flak primary is more direct, but you're better off just using minigun to be honest.
Actually yeah, flak primary is better ... I would use minigun, except like anything else, I can't manage to hit the spider mines with it :lol:

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
Shock primary, on faraway mines that aren't moving.

Or just quickly dodge jump away from with using splash damage.

If you're feeling brave, try just circling around them while blasting the dude who fired the mines.
:D

SlipStreams_65

User Titles are Useless.
Dec 29, 2005
Kingdom of boredom
surprisingly enough the humble assault rifle is quite effective, and since you wont be using it to fight people you dont have to worryabout using up ammo.

Hellbender skymine turret can destroy an entire field of mines, and the goliath gunner turret is good at taking them out at even at long range.

Time for me to let off a little steam over the matter......

Im almost afraid of playing Primeval now. Why? because theres always a few "pro gamerz" running about the middle node spamming mines everywhere and racking up ridiculous scores while running away behind the sheild gun. Its difficult enough trying to destroy the middle node and tank without these damn mines rattling after you.

dcar

May 23, 2006
Cheap as hell

I personally never use spider mines because it seems almost like cheating to just lay a bunch and then go hide behind a rock and have coffee. Lame as hell if you ask me. I wish they were removed from the game. At least the grenade launcher allows for guile and ingenuity. Too easy if you ask me, to just sit behind a rock launching spider mines.

kafros

F1 manta tryouts
Jan 21, 2005
Under Articstronghold's bridge
I find minigun to be the best. If you don't have mini, use shock core. In primeval there is no shield, so all players have 100HP. The best defence is to kill with the shock rifle the mine spammers (3 hits).

Mini is the best deemer killer as mentioned again in this thread. Precious in Torlan pubs :D

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
I love this: loading up 8 spidermines on the Manta wings, then flying towards the enemy :)

It's most likely that you'll end blowing yourself up, not only because the spider can explode before getting off your manta, but because for some strange reason spidermines sometimes explode when I lay them (even if gently and without having reached the maximum number).

But it's really, too much funny. I blew up full HP tanks just passing over them :D

Spidermines is an art :)

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
It's most likely that you'll end blowing yourself up, not only because the spider can explode before getting off your manta, but because for some strange reason spidermines sometimes explode when I lay them (even if gently and without having reached the maximum number).

But it's really, too much funny. I blew up full HP tanks just passing over them :D

Spidermines is an art :)

Indeed :) That's one of the most fun things to do with them. And often, the self-explosion is worth it :lol: