Do your part to promote UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Hi all, I just found out that the Dutch National E-sports championships are letting us, the gamers, vote which games will be played in each category of the tournament.
And, surprise, the 1on1 FPS category contains UT3.

This is the perfect opportunity to give UT3 some promotion without leaving your seat.
All go to http://www.nk-gaming.nl/stemmen.html and VOTE!
FOR GAMING!
FOR FREEDOM!
FOR DEMOCRACY!
FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

If we're lucky this'll turn out to be a pretty big media event (of it's kind) and will convince people that, actually, when you click past the menu's, UT3 is completely awesome:D

DarQraven

Jan 20, 2008
Yes, we know that.
However, how is completely ignoring a game going to make it better in the end? Yay! This patch fixes all the problems, now if we only had people to play against.... :rolleyes:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Crysis is a stupid choice for a 1v1 multiplayer tourney...

Where's World in Conflict for RTS??

Why is Fifa 08 in the same category twice?

Do these people know anything about competitive gaming :O?

Last edited:

Unknown Target

Jan 22, 2008
Why does UT3 always get lumped into the 1v1 category? It makes me think Epic is wasting their time developing all the other really fun game modes, and should just make this game have a 2 player cap :rolleyes: - it's all the official tournies seem to recognize it for.

Lethargy

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Feb 24, 2006
Why does UT3 always get lumped into the 1v1 category? It makes me think Epic is wasting their time developing all the other really fun game modes, and should just make this game have a 2 player cap :rolleyes: - it's all the official tournies seem to recognize it for.
ya know... if they just did it right, i'd ****ing love that. it would be so much better than what we have right now. I'd rather play a good 1v1 only game, and have tons of full and 1/2 player servers, than play a bad game and see nothing but empty servers, one zark server, one rpg server, and one 15/16 player server on deck every time I try to play.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
There are lots of 1v1 tourneys/ladders because it's easier to field people for them. Gamers are inherently lazy (UT players especially), so 1v1 ensures a decent turnout. Perhaps the prize money might also have something to do with it, because a team game obviously needs a higher payout.

I'm fairly certain sci-fi FPS games have a spammy aura surrounding them, so more "realistic" games are usually chosen for team games because the masses aren't aware there's actual strategy involved in them too.

BOiNG

Games for your mum
Jan 22, 2008
I voted too :)

PC: Team Shooter: I voted BF2. Whilst CoD4 is cool, it doesn't have overly much to do with great team play.

PC: 1vs1 Shooter: I voted Quake 3 as there are no other choices really. Q4? and Crysis 1 vs 1? wtf :lol:
What weird choices that incredibly important poll has.