Mods/Muties enjoyable in SP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leroi

Mar 18, 2004
FieldMedic said:
I was not aware the local ngstats had a problem in the goty edition of UT, having bought the very first edition of UT.

I've never played online or checked the ngstats in UTGOTY, but Norton Windoctor (2001) always told me that something was wrong with the shortcuts until I ran the fix. I never let Windoctor fix the problems, just ignored the warning as UT ran fine, but I no longer get a warning from Windoctor about the ngstats shortcuts.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
updated the 1st post, as i noticed some links are now unfortunately dead.
I think i will need some help to locate new valid links

For now, Monster Madness 304 replaced with the new valid link

DaBeowulf

UT-mods Geek
Feb 25, 2002
Germany, near Cologne
Visit site

Attachments

• sgmodbeta.zip
    564.3 KB · Views: 20

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... i sure wish UTtremor had gone into completion back then... need skinning, some new weapon models, and most of all, it needs good sounds and the "punch" feeling into the weapons :/ I still use it every now and then (although i have Quake 3 GOLD)...

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Tremor was a really nice attempt at getting the Q3 weapons in UT.
When looking at the old modsquad page for it, i even noticed
Posted by: Orion 10/22/2001
That is a great attempt to make Q3 into UT. It is not the real thing, but it is very entertaining. I hope to see the next version with more Q3 physics and skinned weapon. Good work
That was me 5 years ago that posted this.
I always have the same opinion about it.

I will see if i can find more than fileplanet for mirror, then will add it to the list

What exactly is this plannerbot , the description on fileplanet is not really informative , is it really wort adding to the list , as i don't have UT installed for now to check ?

For the stargate mod, you have listed under Weapon mutator, "Atlantis", at first it was supposed to be a stargate mod , but ended in a simple weapon mod as the mod was "moving" to UT2K3 when UT2K3 appeared (then was totally abandonned).

Too bad, there was a lot of potential in a "stargate" modification within UT.

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
I had fortunately a save of the 1st post , dating from the 8 august 2007 , i don't remember if it was the last update, but it is always better than the BUF backup from february 2006 that had tons of bad links.

1st post updated in its 8 august 2007 status (updated with Silver Ibex more correct link for Inf extended download)

I will go back to check links and update them if necessary later
(and add new mods i may have missed since the 08/08/2007, though if you see missing ones please post about them).

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Modified nearly most of the links, not only the gamespy overlords of planetunreal decided to change every url to include their name on it, breaking most of the planetunreal links, but lot of websites and mirrors seems to have gone down since 2007.

Fortunately, found new links and updated the broken planetunreal ones.

But i have a problem, Bathwap is nowhere to be found, even going to the new link of the author website (on of those that was broken by gs) , the old page on which there was Bathwap is completely broken.

If someone has Bathwap somewhere, please attach it to one post here in reply, so at least the 1st post could point the user to the file. A small mutator but very fun one.

edit : just added the sabermod mutie to the 1st post.

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Finally, thanks to archives.org i finally found the old Bathwap page that is not reachable anymore and luckily the links were always working

So i attach the mutie here, just in case and link it in the 1st post.

Attachments

• BatThwap12ManualInstall.zip
    29.3 KB · Views: 6
  • BatThwap12Umod.zip
    46.5 KB · Views: 4

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Nice, i see some other of your muties i forgot about and that should be present in the list.

I will add a global entry instead of several ones, lazy me :)

hatton

Feb 15, 2004
The scavhunt this article provided is bugged(if you trigger the scoreboard(F1 or got killed),you will crash to desktop)

I know there have a bug-free version,but have no site provided now(FP give me a 404 error)

so,who can provide the bug-free version of scavhunt?
(filename:scanhunt-2000-08-xx)

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
Looking at Schwa (the author of scavenger hunt) dead website through archive.org, i managed to grab his scavhunt-2001-08-19.zip , from my reading and searches it seems that it is the very latest version that Schwa made.

I uploaded this zip archive to filefront there :
http://files.filefront.com/scavhunt+2001+08+19zip/;9639650;/fileinfo.html

No idea how much time it will stay there, some files i uploaded in the past to filefront have been "lost" each time they do their maintenance process, while some have remained there for years, so just get it while it is there, (if anyone can to BU fileworks , as the version they have is an old one)

Link to that latest version updated on the 1st page.

Last edited:

hatton

Feb 15, 2004
Looking at Schwa (the author of scavenger hunt) dead website through archive.org, i managed to grab his scavhunt-2001-08-19.zip , from my reading and searches it seems that it is the very latest version that Schwa made.

I uploaded this zip archive to filefront there :
http://files.filefront.com/scavhunt+2001+08+19zip/;9639650;/fileinfo.html

No idea how much time it will stay there, some files i uploaded in the past to filefront have been "lost" each time they do their maintenance process, while some have remained there for years, so just get it while it is there, (if anyone can to BU fileworks , as the version they have is an old one)

Link to that latest version updated on the 1st page.

ut.org will be a good way to host the files,and they are looking for hosting more and more UT files.
(ut.org's admin is a forum registered user in BU too.)

I don't recommend RS,BDG as a hosting too,because they have 90 day deletion rule(no dls in 90 days,files got deleted)

Gun_Asylem

The Ultimate Weapon
Apr 14, 2006
Cyber Space (OHIO)
actually i was wandering if anyone had found a good Regeneration Mod that regenerates health for the player.
i already know about REGEN. but it dont work in SP games as it heals the enemies too. i just want players to be healed.
i had made one before about a year and a half ago but i dont have it anymore and dont even remember how i made it.

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
http://home.pcisys.net/~jmbrown/MyPrograms.html

Why hasn't anybody mentioned XBots?

It's the only mutator I constantly run, no matter the gametype. Instead of 32 bots, you can have up to 192 individual bots to play against. Download a lot of skins/models and add them as playable bots. A must if you're sick of playing with Alarik, Zenith, Sarena, Tamara, Loque and Tamerlane for the upteempth time. Add some skaarj, cow and robots dammit :xD

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
uzforut

hi
fieldmedic i found a very usefull tool.it's called uzforut and extracts
.uz files easy and fast.works for ut1 and ut2k3.
put files in maps folder and run program.cant attache it, filesize is to big (1,9mb).
so i only got this link which leads to fileplanet.
http://unrealtorment.planetunreal.gamespy.com/Start.html

Edit: yw guys.plus here is a link to search for goodies.good luck.
http://uz.gameservers.net/
i found a nice weaponpack called AVP.

Last edited: