The login server is down.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pser

Jan 29, 2008
dont tell me you cant play ut3 online with Gamespy off?? When ut2k4 masterserver was down, favorites worked and connect via copypaste in console worked... Different now?

NedroidicusPrime

Walking Contradiction
Jan 25, 2008
C-Bus, USA
what do you guys think the chances of dropping gamespy entirely are?

I mean seriously, I don't know a single person who enjoys and sees value to their service. About the only decent thing they have is IGN, and that is only partial (as they don't seem to update that much).

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I don't think it's a case of what we want.
Epic use gaymespy so they don't have to take care of providing servers themselves. They just let them handle that aspect and it takes a lot of work off their hands.

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
dont tell me you cant play ut3 online with Gamespy off?? When ut2k4 masterserver was down, favorites worked and connect via copypaste in console worked... Different now?

yeah well if faves and copy paste worked at all thered be a lot less to complain about :)

whoever signed the gamespy server browser deal is hopefully getting everyone coffee now.

and it took a whole 10 minutes for them to lock the thread about it too...

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I don't think it's a case of what we want.
Epic use gaymespy so they don't have to take care of providing servers themselves. They just let them handle that aspect and it takes a lot of work off their hands.

In the old days one of the key features to UT, beyond it's gameplay and it's moddability was the fact that it's multiplayer aspect had nothing to do with gamespy. I think these days gamespy is more common in other games so a lot more people accepted it... but... to be honest.. I think it was a big mistake. I've never known a time when gamespy didn't suck at their apparently/relatively simple job.

-PM-

--
Jan 22, 2008
Iowa
Faves should be stored locally, but apparently they arent? Mine were all gone tonight.

I agree that gamespy blows. Still had fun playing tonight anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.