UE3 - General The new "So what are you working on?" thread:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sWs»Cheapshot

Jan 20, 2008
I know you can't go into details too much but are making weapons mods by chance? I am only asking because I have not found a strangelove mod for the Deemer yet, and I was hoping it would come out soon.

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006

I merged the mod with the other GE mod team, but we have discussed porting some of it over. I did some testing with "a certain map" I am modeling, and it works nicely in UE3 too. :)

If you would like to try out CryEngine 2, you can download the demo, which comes with the editor. :)

Last edited:

owen

Jan 20, 2008
This a is small shot from a map I've been slowly adding to and working on for a while.

Hope this thread is as successful as the last.:)

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
Hey, I completely forgot about this thread :O
It's a damn shame it was lost. Hopefully it'll grow as much as the old one did.

Anyhoo, I'm still working on the same map :p
I don't know if I'll ever release it. The only reason I work on it is to be productive and to get some exercise in Maya.

Maybe I'll take some new pics to share soon, but here's a collection of (really) old ones:
http://kaithofis.acrophony.co.uk/Skytown/

sWs»Cheapshot

Jan 20, 2008
Where is a good site to find old mods... for both UT and 2K4?

I would like to find the Nexxus tank as well, but it doesn't return results from google searches.

ONe.21JiggaH4X

Jan 19, 2008
well.....

I took a little break from working on my UT3 Custom Model, the Sorcerer Knight, because the mysteriously ****ty, inaccurate server-client performance I get finally put me over the edge today, and I had to resort to doing a bit of carpentry to let off steam.

Speaking of steam, my character model will be appearing in the source engine instead of UE3, for reasons those who have clickied linkies will surely grasp.

ch33rz!!11

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
CTF Skyhook.

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/Phopojijo/screenshot_bsp_06.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/Phopojijo/skyhook_bsp_01.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/Phopojijo/skyhook_bsp_02.jpg[/screenshot]

LS Research Corp used this facility suspended in the atmosphere to mine Ozone and run various experiments. The facility is suspended by cable to a giant ring-based shield generator which revolves around the facility. {{Think DM-Carbonfire}}

The safety board deemed that installing respawners was necessary due to the altitude and lack of proper guardrails. Each respawner's field lattice generator (FLaG) is located in the hole above the main entrance to either extractor tower.

Eventually the LS Research Corp deemed the station unprofitable and sold it to the NEG as a makeshift prison. Slight modifications were made by the NEG including installing a powernode in the planetarium {{building with glass dome in first pic}}. When the powernode is the color of the cell block, that cell block's teleporter to their FLaG is disabled to members of the opposite cell block. {{Blue team controls the node? Red cannot go through the blue teleporter to grab the blue flag... annnnd vice versa.}}.

Rumours are that eventually a jail switch will be installed in place of the field lattice generators...

Last edited:

Jonathan

Mar 19, 2006
I took a little break from working on my UT3 Custom Model, the Sorcerer Knight, because the mysteriously ****ty, inaccurate server-client performance I get finally put me over the edge today, and I had to resort to doing a bit of carpentry to let off steam.

Speaking of steam, my character model will be appearing in the source engine instead of UE3, for reasons those who have clickied linkies will surely grasp.

ch33rz!!11

lol,

On a side note, you might want to work on his torso, looks like a little truncated at the moment.

InAction

I make things move
Jan 21, 2008
Going to animate this hottie soon. Currently in the midst of skinning her. Model was made by Vahl - I'm only rigging and animating her. Check the beauty render of her here.

ibuki257.jpg

She has both IKs and FKs. Semi-animatable pivots. A controller to bend the whole spine chain. Independant spine controllers. Head look at. Eye look-at. Facial controllers. Etc. Hopefully I'll get done with the skin this weekend. :)

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Another PP7 for another Golden Eye mod. Will that work? God only knows...
Looks great yes. I played the game so much that I also guessed for the DAM padlock before clicking on the thumbnail. You always have to destroy it before getting on the DAM.

Last edited:

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
I'm still messing around with my YARM (Yet Another Real-life Mod) mod for UT2k4. Now that COD4 is out (and has some nice features) I decided to blatantly copy some them into a YARM mutator as well (my computer could not really play the game well anyways...). I will eventually have a cheap knock off of the 'perk' system as well as the air support features, offhand knife slash melee, uniform combinations etc.
Some screens of player models & levels:
-> -> -> ->

-> -> -> ->

Last edited:

owen

Jan 20, 2008
Very interesting work there meowcat, at least your mod stands out as having a lot to show for itself.

I personally would like to know what solidsnake is up to these days, anyone still have the link to his blog?

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
headq.png

Attempting making American 1995 game style

Last edited: