Changing a character's abilities / Putting Downloaded Characters on your 1P team

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

luvas

Jan 26, 2008
Hello everyone. I apologize for the amount of questions and the length of this post, but these are 2 questions that I really want to know the answer to.

First off...When you download skins, you can play as some of them in One Player. And some, you can draft into your team.

However, this is only a select few. For example, I can play as Deinonychus (Slyrr), but I cannot draft him into my team if I choose someone else. There are plenty of downloaded skins I can play as in 1P, but there are barely any I can draft into my team. The only ones I have seen in the Free Agent Class are Barney(UbH), God-Horus (Sabretooth), and the characters from the Ultimate Collection (Klasnic). In addition, there are many, many more skins that I cannot be in 1P or draft into my team, such as one of my faves, Soul Burn(Xenocide)

Is there some sort of code in a character's UPL file that determines their playability? In other words, is there any reason why I can use some skins and not others?

I would also like to note that my game REFUSES to play if I choose a character with a space in its name, even if I change it in 1P mode.

----------

Here is my 2nd question. I might find it out on my own though within a few hours if no one's here.

As I said, Barney, the skins from the Ultimate Collection and the ones from the God-Horus model are present in my 1P free agent class. However, they are far too powerful, with stats like 98's and 99's and costing 2000 credits apiece (Except Barney). I do not want to put these super powerful characters on my team, or worse, have to fight them. One time I had to fight Shinryuu_SC_SS(Hide) and he literally kicked my ass. This might be a problem when I play Instant Action games as well. ^^;

So my question is, is there a way to lower the stats of characters to make them a fair(er) fight?
----------

I am thankful for anyone who can help me with either of my questions.

Last edited:

luvas

Jan 26, 2008
in instant action, just switch 'species statistic' mutator off~
in singleplay i dunno~
maybe you need to code it a bit~

If you are referring to making characters weaker, I think I found out how. It has to do with thestats in the UPL files. I think I should post my findings here, in case other people wanna make immortal skins a fairer fight. I'll be doing so in an hour or two. Still, thanks for posting :D

OK, here's what I found.

The stats of a character are determined by the UPL file. The 4 abilities, Aggressiveness, Accracy, Tactics, and SrafingAbility(Agility) are on a scale between -3 to 3.

When altering the stats on Keops (Sabretooth) I think I was editing aggresiveness or accuracy.

His original stat I believe was 2.0, which was 99%. When I turned it to different numbers...
-3.1 was 7%
-2.7 was 17%
-2.3 was 29%
-1.5 was 47%
-1.0 was 59%
+0.03 was 85%
I know this does not go for all characters, but I suppose it can be a sort of guide. All I know is 1.0 and over is the maximum, 99% or 100% where applicable.

Last edited:
First Question: I think it has something to do with the characters. In single player, you cannot draft characters if they are aliens or bots, unless you beat the game. I might be wrong though, because this also happens to me.

Second Question: Actually, the "species statistics" mutator does not affect the base skills (accuracy, aggression, strafing, etc.). It actually affects the species of the character. You might adjust the UPL files to balance things out.

Oh, if you have to fight ShinRyuu_SC_SS, just turn the species statistics off. I heard he can fly if that mutator is on. ;)

XenoAisam

Paskal Foot Soldier
Jan 20, 2008
SouthEast Asia
xenoaisam.wordpress.com
yeah right! just change the things in UPL for the accuracy, aggression, strafing, etc.
but code a bit if you want to set off the flying ability or special weapon for ShinRyuu~ if you still want the species statistic turn on!

Garcian

Jan 20, 2008
I know the problem with Singleplayer teams! It's like this:
You can only recruit team members that has the "merc" species type...

So you have to change a characters UPL file part to something like this:
Player=(DefaultName="Flynn Taggart",Mesh=UT99.Othello,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc

That way, they'll be recruitable for your team! I made an entire Transformer team that way!

luvas

Jan 26, 2008
Well, I thank everyone here for their help so far. After hours of work, I have learned how to lower a character's stats, and their prices. It does have to do with the UPL.

I know the problem with Singleplayer teams! It's like this:
You can only recruit team members that has the "merc" species type...

So you have to change a characters UPL file part to something like this:
Player=(DefaultName="Flynn Taggart",Mesh=UT99.Othello,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc

That way, they'll be recruitable for your team! I made an entire Transformer team that way!

I never thought of that. Does that mean that all the regular characters are merc, like the skaarjs and such?

Despite this, I think I have found a way around this problem too. I was able to replace the Skaarjs with downloaded ones. So maybe I can replace the clone characters, like Dragon and Sunspear, and turn them into downloaded characters. I think that might work for the time being. I also noticed that downloaded skins, at least the ones I downloaded so far, can be recruited into 1P. I could try replacing them with unusable models.

Thanks to everyone who helped me here ^^

---------

Just for the record, my plan didn't work. I tried to replace the name Samedi with a Dwarf, and now I have 2 samedis, using the samedi skin, one of them is beefed to 100% on all stats and has a dwarf portrait. X_x
So instead I am putting the datas of the downloaded characters into the xplayersL1 andxplayersL2 files. Maybe that'll work...

As for the species thing, all of them have species. For example one is species 'alien' but it never appears even when all the normal gen mo kais do.

Last edited:

Garcian

Jan 20, 2008
It's only the "merc" species that can be recruitable... sorry...

How did you change the cost for recruiting characters now again?

The cost of the characters depend on their base skills such as aggressiveness, strafing, jumping, tactics, and their accuracy.

You can adjust their values by modifying the UPL files.
Look in the UPL files and search for accuracy, aggressiveness, strafing ability, jumpiness, and tactics.

Oh, why is reaction time does not affect the cost?

luvas

Jan 26, 2008
The cost of the characters depend on their base skills such as aggressiveness, strafing, jumping, tactics, and their accuracy.

You can adjust their values by modifying the UPL files.
Look in the UPL files and search for accuracy, aggressiveness, strafing ability, jumpiness, and tactics.

Oh, why is reaction time does not affect the cost?

Im not too sure. But, I now know how to get around everything.

I'm still not sure if I can get a non 1P skin/model to be playable, but I do know how to recruit special characters into your team.

You need to go into the UPL files and get rid of one character, that you CAN recruit into your 1P team, like Hathor. Make sure it is someone you won't miss.

Then delete that character from the XPlayersL1 or XplayersL2 file, and insert the 'Player=...' portion of the downloaded character of your choice, like Carillion(Klasnic). When the downloaded character's data is in the XPlayersL1 or XplayersL2 file, replace their name with the name of the character you removed (Namely Hathor). Now you have to put the UPL file of the character you downloaded somewhere else so you wont have 2 of the same thing. This actually works regardless of the species, gender, or voice of the downloaded character.
I was able to recruit a raptor and the previously mentioned Dwarf into my team in this way, replacing Hathor and Brutus. I was also able to turn ClanLord and Xan into different characters.

As for pricing, once you lower a character's stats, you have to create a new 1P file to see the new price for the character. By doing this you can also replace characters you fight as opponents. I wonder if you can change the names of teams too...?

--------

Actually, I think I may have found the problem. I added Menu="SP" to the data of a character I couldnt use for 1P...And I was able to use them when I added it. Well...I think that may be the one thing that separates useable and unusable.

Still, I am not sure how to get cheracters onto your team without replaceing though.

Last edited: