Whats the benefits of having "friends" at BuF?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
We're "friends with benefits," so it benefits you to be friends. :)

Also, probably becuase it's a funny vB thing meant to make the software more popular, and hell, why not. Now people can write on my wal- I mean can post on my user page to tell me they think I'm an ass instead of just PMing me.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
magneto.jpg

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
I notice a couple people want to be friends with me and I haven't added them yet, but whats the point in doing so? I don't get it, it's not facebook or anything. :confused:

I could probably tell you why...had I known we could do it at all.

I'm like the old has-been, washed up, drunk moderator these days it would seem :D

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
I thought it was interesting that people you added on your watch list or whatever on previous incarnations of vB are automatically added as friends. Does that mean I am automatically added on their friends list?

Hell, most of em' have disappeared a number of years ago. 1999 ftw.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
I don't really see the point of the friends feature on a forum... but because its there I have to use it!

I'm sure in future versions there will some clearly cut benefits to it.