Heath Ledger is dead!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
You have to admit, he has a point.

and you have to admit that twisted metal does too...
it's 2 different opinions at the end of the day, some things affect other people differently and on different levels. there's nothing wrong with it, it's just the way of the world.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I heard the new last night before bedding down.

Although someone said earlier that Heath was found with "Pills strewn around him" so far i've seen the press make comments like that while the official statement from the police was "Pills were in the vicinity" quite different. could be wrong though.

Secondly, as to the war, i believe the majority of us have already paid our respects to those folks in iraq, hell every ten minutes another soldier is being remembered but at the end of the day most of us don't want those soldiers there anymore, most folks didn't even want our soldiers to go there in the first place.

It IS sad that Heath ledger died, to say "F*** Heath ledger" is plain stupid, it's not that no one cares about the soldiers, but if you want to start a thread for every soldier that falls then go for it. You'll hardly be disapointed and i doubt anyone wil drop by to say "F*** (insert soldiers name here) someone else has died!"

In short;
Be nice!

Mastame

Dec 27, 2004
The Netherlands
It's really sad.

A few days ago I was stunned to find out Brad Renfro had died (not all that famous, but most of you should know him) probably through a drugs-related incident. Now today though, some peeps from my class told me the second I walked in the classroom that Heath Ledger had died.. I was like ''Wtf? Seriously? Omg that's sad''.. this other dude told me the cause was possibly something drugs-related at which point I just thought ''Well I'll be damned, that's just stupid. Two actors dead in a week through drugs''. :(

For some reason I feel kinda bad about this. I loved Heath Ledger really, I liked the movies he was in and I always appreciated his performances. That he's dead is really just sad; he was an actually good actor and I'd guess he would've had a glorious carreer ahead of him.

R.I.P.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
That's pretty queer of you to say. It's not that you didn't know them but that they died in a pointless and illegal occupation in attempts to gain control over the oil that will one day run your car. Yeah, people die all the time, but these guys didn't have to.

It's kind of like this. 110 US soldiers died in Afghanistan to defend this.

Getting killed in action is one of the risks you take when you become a soldier. Since the US army does not employ conscripted soldiers I'd say getting k.i.a. is just the end of a ****ty day... and, if there'd be no man willing to fight for faceless governments we'd not have the conflicts of today. That is ofcourse a very idealistic POV but logic dictates me to not feel empathy with soldiers as each single soldiers enables a system where soldiers get killed... you can follow me?

edit: you could start a counter-argument about the dangers of drug-consumption but a mentally-ill person'd not be allowed to sign-up for weapons duty, wouldn't they?

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
It's really sad.

A few days ago I was stunned to find out Brad Renfro had died (not all that famous, but most of you should know him) probably through a drugs-related incident. Now today though, some peeps from my class told me the second I walked in the classroom that Heath Ledger had died.. I was like ''Wtf? Seriously? Omg that's sad''.. this other dude told me the cause was possibly something drugs-related at which point I just thought ''Well I'll be damned, that's just stupid. Two actors dead in a week through drugs''. :(

For some reason I feel kinda bad about this. I loved Heath Ledger really, I liked the movies he was in and I always appreciated his performances. That he's dead is really just sad; he was an actually good actor and I'd guess he would've had a glorious carreer ahead of him.

R.I.P.

I might be incorrect but it looks like your suggesting that Heath Ledger died of an overdose of illegal drugs where as from what i've read the drugs in question were prescription ones. Ie, it wasn't a tragic accident, although it is tragic ofcourse.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
^ Couldn't have said it better myself. I found him to be a good actor. I'll mainly remember him from movies such as "monsters ball", "A knight's tale", "The brothers grimm"...

He had real potential... same as river phoenix...

[TT]BrundleFly

Jan 22, 2008
Toronto
I might be incorrect but it looks like your suggesting that Heath Ledger died of an overdose of illegal drugs where as from what i've read the drugs in question were prescription ones. Ie, it wasn't a tragic accident, although it is tragic ofcourse.
They were over the counter sleeping pills. He said he was having a problem sleeping while making Batman. And he had pneumonia where you already have trouble breathing. Mix that with sleeping pills and you could be in trouble... :(

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
Yeah, one of the drugs he was taking was Diazepam, which actually has a paradoxical side effect of insomnia (go figure) and it's also quite addictive. I really doubt he was abusing the drug on purpose because he never struck me as the whacked out Paris or Lohan type. I can see where practically anyone could develop a dependence on a drug like this and potentially overdose by accident.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
so woh'll be the joker next time round?

My nomination:

ChristopherWalken.jpg

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
This really sucks :(

RIP Heath

Mastame

Dec 27, 2004
The Netherlands
Well, in Dutch the separation is rather clear while in English they're both called 'drugs'. I heard the cause could have had to do with either medicines or (evul) drugs. So I compressed it and said drugs. ;)

Anyway, it is now known so far that there were no illegal drugs involved in his death (autopsy would have to point out otherwise) but that it really had to do with those prescripted drugs (medicines), which were sleeping pills. The most assumable explanation I have heard of so far is that because of the consuming role of the Joker, Ledger was getting physically and mentally drained. As a way to get him some rest he used sleeping pills but because of his state they didn't work they way they should've.
The sleeping pills might have / have probably contributed to his death.

"His role as the Joker was so troubling and demonic to him that he had trouble sleeping at night. 'physically and mentally draining'. 'I took one ambien and it didn't work. I took a second and I fell asleep only to wake up an hour later.'"

Another quote that might relate to that;
Method Acting, which is the kind of actor Heath was, can be dangerous. I've studied it, and let me tell you it depressed me so much I realized it was not for me. No character or movie is worth your life. Any actor who feels it is, needs to find a new profession.

I really looks to be some really stupid incident, some sodding accident. I really don't like the fact he died, it sounds moronic but for some reason Heath Ledger was that actor that I personally felt connected to. I just liked him... He was in the middle of his life now, at which point it just stopped. Good things ahead of him too; he started out in some good movies, then starred in some flops but was now getting back to the good movies. The Dark Knight was a big flick for him and it would've boosted his acting carreer tremendously. Everybody's saying he was really talented and I believe he would've become a big star in the movie business and now the didn't get the chance to live his life over some stupid incident.

For the Batman fans; It was officially confirmed that Heath had already signed to reprise his role as The Joker for the next Batman film. So yes indeed, it does affect the production of the Batman movies in that they will now have to find someone else to portray the role in the next movie.
And I don't know about you, but I always dislike it when two different actors portray the same role in different movies. Same **** they did with Katie Holmes and Maggie Gyllenhaal, playing Rachel Dawes now. Katie Holmes sucked, but they could've atleast kept her for the sake of the role.

Last edited by a moderator: