Account Deletion?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hickeroar

Jan 22, 2008
Hey, I've posted here many times and started several threads as well. I came back today and my user account was just *gone.* It's only been a couple weeks since I was last here and I'm sure I didn't do anything to get myself "banned" or anything and obviously my IP, e-mail, User account, etc weren't banned.

I just re-registered the same name with the same e-mail account and everything.

Anyone know why my user account may have been trashed?

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Maybe you shouldn't skip the news page and then ask for news...

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Doh! I usually skip the front page and come straight to the forums. Thanks for the info.

Mind every second thread in off-topic is about the database loss as are four threads in the news section of the forum and the announcement right above this very thread.
LookAndYouShallFind.gif

Just saying is all :)

Hickeroar

Jan 22, 2008
Mind every second thread in off-topic is about the database loss as are four threads in the news section of the forum and the announcement right above this very thread.
LookAndYouShallFind.gif

Just saying is all :)

Do you actually expect me to get "We Lost 1.5 years of data" out of "Forums are back up!"?

Seriously!?? News flash: Forums can go down! Generally that wouldn't mean You lost a crapload of data with them.

It was an honest mistake anyway, I don't know why everyone feels obligated to be a jerk about it.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
We can see it was an honest mistake and that's really no biggie and I'm hardly being a jerk about it, I guess we just find it funny that you didn't even stumble on one (of the many) post about it before posting your own thread. :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Seriously!?? News flash: Forums can go down! Generally that wouldn't mean You lost a crapload of data with them.

Entirely true, however, there are topics out there in the Offtopic section that clearly speaks for it. And the news.

poompoom500

DnM (aka Y_Knot?)
Jan 23, 2008
NJ, USA
www.angelfire.com
Account deletion!!!!!

:mad:To Hickeroar,

I sympathize with you bud! I too had to re-register to get into the forum! (Plus, those other post that I had were GONE! Checked my e-mail and clicked on the links and NADA!)

:p pffftttt!!!

Zhan

Dec 27, 2004
To be fair, I had to rejoin as well, and I was just about to make a thread like this.

Lesson learned I guess.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Do you actually expect me to get "We Lost 1.5 years of data" out of "Forums are back up!"?

The forums didn't go down as such, the server suffered a hard drive failure which normally results in dataloss and the entire BU site, forums, hosted sites, QAPete's pr0n stash all got lost.

Zhan

Dec 27, 2004
I imagine some reimbursement is in order on the part of the hosting company.

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
However,you are back again and fun at BUF man.Do you believe I liked it when I had to re-register,it happened and we can't change the past,we can only change the future.:)