how do i become pro?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
:) talking about a mayor bumpage :)

god..

GUYS READERS AND ALL
nick is proof that if you want to become a pro..
you can become one.
just believe in yourself and your dreams.

take it from me, nick and a lot more fellow friends and mappers :)

______-

also..

so many old familiar faces..
i wonder whats up with them all :)

MeNIcE

May 6, 2006
Im 14 and i've been mapping for about half a year now....thanx dude, I might keep it up =)

neoduck

Oct 18, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
CaSCaDe said:
holy thread resurrection batman!

geez, i'll say!

thanks guys =)

i'm currently working with Webzen on the game Huxley that BU has been covering. you won't have seen any of my work yet, but hopefully soon enough!

It should be a fantastic game. keep your eye on it!

fearian

Jan 21, 2008
Practice...
There's no university that texhes the art of making unrealmaps...
So you'll have to sit down with the unrealeditor and get cracking...

WRONG.

There are LOADS of university courses in games design, many of which use the unreal engine to teach students. most unis offering these courses offer games design BA and games programming BSC. If they teach with an engine it will probably be source engin or unreal 2. maybe 3 if your applying for next year or after.

My number one pice of advice is to visit all universitys your looking at because it really helps. You should have some national/state resources for finding universitys or colleges, look around!

remeber though, a strong portfolio can be much more important than a degree when it comes to games design!

all this from a first year games student :) loving it so far!

billy240clint@hotmail

|*BILLY$CLINT*|
Jan 21, 2006
WRONG.

There are LOADS of university courses in games design, many of which use the unreal engine to teach students. most unis offering these courses offer games design BA and games programming BSC. If they teach with an engine it will probably be source engine or unreal 2. maybe 3 if your applying for next year or after.

My number one piece of advice is to visit all university your looking at because it really helps. You should have some national/state resources for finding university or colleges, look around!

remember though, a strong portfolio can be much more important than a degree when it comes to games design!

Going to school and getting a degree can help you but only so far. The one thing that got me a job in the game industry was not the work that I did in class but the work that was done outside of class.

*NOTE*

Spelling, grammar and a nice pleasant smell goes a long way in this industry.

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
WRONG.

There are LOADS of university courses in games design, many of which use the unreal engine to teach students. most unis offering these courses offer games design BA and games programming BSC. If they teach with an engine it will probably be source engin or unreal 2. maybe 3 if your applying for next year or after.

My number one pice of advice is to visit all universitys your looking at because it really helps. You should have some national/state resources for finding universitys or colleges, look around!

remeber though, a strong portfolio can be much more important than a degree when it comes to games design!

Um this was posted way back in 2001.....

sWs»Cheapshot

Jan 20, 2008
Full Sail in Orlando Florida is considered a pretty good school for graphics and game design I hear.

Nice Re-resurection of a seriously old post.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I think we seriously need a auto-lock for all the threads that got created in 2006 because some serious dummies can't notice the posting dates.

Desp2/ROG

Mar 5, 2004
Jersey
www.planetunreal.com
lol and here I was thinking why in the hell is Neoduck posting about this since he has more than enough skill to boot to get a job with ease :D

Now that I see the time posted I am like nice job! Having a clear mindset and going for it.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
No autolock! :)

This thread amazed me before and is amazing me again. Especially when I see the one who started it. I remember seeing it for the first time. I thought neoduck is joking. Then I realized that it was a long time ago. Sometimes to bump the thread like this rocks. :)