Superbowl 42

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
So. Patriots and Giants. Who's gonna' win?

I was really hoping it would be Pack and Pats so I'd have a reason to root against New England since Favre is such a stud. But since I could give two sh*ts about NY I'll have to go with an historic 19-0. It would be unprecedented, monumental.

Of course, so would an upset by the Giants and little Manning :D

Harlock

Married And Always Nagged
Dec 11, 1999
Riverside, CA (USA)
maanclan.com
Wow. Two teams that I could give two ****s about are going to play in the Super Bowl.

I hate Tom Brady on general ******* principles (mostly because he is a dead-beat dad).

I hate Eli Manning for dissing Southern California (I live in SoCal).

At least I can look forward to the parties, chili, and commercials.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Green Bay and New York are playing for the NFC championship as I type (in fact the game may be ending right now.)

It went into overtime at the end of the 4th quarter. Score was tied 20-20, that's when I left my buddy's house.

We'll see.

Harlock

Married And Always Nagged
Dec 11, 1999
Riverside, CA (USA)
maanclan.com
Green Bay and New York are playing for the NFC championship as I type (in fact the game may be ending right now.)

It went into overtime at the end of the 4th quarter. Score was tied 20-20, that's when I left my buddy's house.

We'll see.

Then you left at the absolute wrong time. Favre threw an interception, and the Giants kicked a 47 yard field goal.

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
Giants have had a great storyline this year, and have fought through alot, but in the big game, I think it will look alot like the AFC Championship game, only less cold, and the Patriots throwing at will.

I predict a return to the high scores of the early games in the season for the Pats. The weather will be better in Arizona, thus allowing the Pats to truly play THEIR game (pass butcher yooooo).

I'm a Falcons fan BTW:(

Rebuilding FTW:mad:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
The Pats get my vote. Kinda of obvious pick really, but I just don't see the giants standing much of a chance this time around. Sure they stayed in there in week 17 but I just don't believe the Pats played 100 percent in that game and I just don't see the Pats not bringing 100 percent in the big game.

I am kinda disappointed the Packers didn't go but I guess they don't stand much of a chance against the Patriots either.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
I agree that the NFL's overtime rules are ****. That being said, Brett Favre kinda threw an interception in overtime and ruined the Packers chances. Then Lawrence Tynes was doing everything he could to fail and he lucked out hard.

The Patriots won't be beaten by these guys.

ShredPrince

Sep 14, 2005
CTF-Omicron BONG
I agree that the NFL's overtime rules are ****.

How would you have it work then? Like College? What, with that 25 yard bullsh**??? What team (college/pro) cannot go 25 yards? Or would you add on the ridulousness to require a 2 pointer after 2 periods? Yeah, that makes alot of sense....you HAVE to get the 2 after fighting for those 25 long yards:hmm:

Overtime is B.S, so it's gonna be B.S to a certain degree. The NFL actually has the best OT rule set. College rules are just DUMB.

Last edited:

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
It should be like college but without the 25 yard rule. Just allow both teams the opportunity to play it out and score, not this "golden goal" crap where the first team to get any points wins. That's gay as hell.

Once the Giants got their field goal the Pack should get a chance to reply. If at that point they still can't, if they turnover on downs or anything else, THEN it's over.

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
The Giants gave the Pats a hard time a few weeks ago and have been playing pretty well. I think the pats will win it, but it probably won't be a blow out.

It should be like college but without the 25 yard rule. Just allow both teams the opportunity to play it out and score, not this "golden goal" crap where the first team to get any points wins.

I agree, both teams should get the ball in OT. The thing is, the packers got the ball first and turned it over. They lost their opportunity.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I agree, both teams should get the ball in OT. The thing is, the packers got the ball first and turned it over. They lost their opportunity.

The way I'm speaking of though is that each team has an opportunity to reply. Pack got a chance to score and didn't. Giants got a chance to score and did. NOW, the Pack should get one more chance to answer, if they still cannot then the game ends.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Yeah, it just goes with the way a football game is structured to begin with, which is why it still baffles me as to how the NFL decided on the rules they did. It's completely incongruent with the mechanics of football.

Each team gets a chance to make their drive, each gets a turn within the time allotted. The only difference is that in an overtime in which someone must win you end the game regardless of time left after an unanswered score.