WipEout 2048

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
It is Vita exclusive, but the cross play feature works with WipEout HD Fury on PS3.
There likely will be no WipEout 2048 PS3 version though.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
I'm currently working as level designer/environment artist on this game at Studio Liverpool -UK
There is a load of new tracks currently exclusive to the PSVita only and as stated, the cross play is for the HD & Fury content that ships with 2048.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Well, say I never bought a PSP in the first place, and haven't owned a portable gaming system since the GameBoy Pocket... what then? Is the PSVita backwards compatible?

I really would like to be able to play WipEout 2048... oh, and Lruce Bee, have you spoken to Tim Wright lately?

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
PSVita is backward compatible with PSP games and will allow for some features like screen smoothing.
You should be able to play WipEout PurE and WipEout Pulse on it when it releases (Though it most likely will require buying the digital versions on the PlayStation Store.)

Lruce: I want hard tracks damnit! Modesto, Chengou and Sebenco style plz.
Also you guys should come hang out with the fans :p

Last edited: