Why don't people use the Beta Testing forum?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
As soon as I get my buy screens working, I'll probably utilize it Right now I don't have much but a scoreboard hack ...

rgx

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by Postal
Why post up betas, I would rather have trusted friends test things then total strangers.

That sounds kinda weird to me. I prefer total strangers that have no bias, no foreknowledge and no reason not to give complete and brutal honesty.

When I look for feedback, I'm only half as interested in the positives as I am the negatives. Positives are nice, and all warm fuzzy and stuff, but generally don't equal a change. Negatives show what you really have to change.

I like my trusted friends, don't get me wrong, but I don't consider something tested until it really gets hammered a bit.

rgx

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Thing is, I know my friends will do a good job, I have many times had someone test something, and they didnt ever notice bugs that I knew about, when ever I have tried strangers, they have disappointed me(but when I release something, once in a while I will get a good e-mail)

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
I have no friends who play UT (they're only interested in Q3 and Camperstrike:D). So I have to find others who do the testing.
I have many times had someone test something, and they didnt ever notice bugs that I knew about
You can have that problem with your friends, too.