UT99 Critical Error...?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jimlp1

Nov 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
Hello Everyone...!
I'm a newbie here...need some help, been searching for days finding nothing...so now I'm just going to ask you people, if ya don't mind...?
I'm not a huge Gamer but a big fan of UT99 GOTY been playing it for years and from time to time I download some Maps and Mods other programmers have posted on similar sites. Now, all of the sudden these apps cant be invoked, run or played because of a Critical Error...!
"Failed to enter E:\UnrealTournament\DM-lol-DeadlySnipeHunt\DM-lol-DeadlySnipeHunt.unr:Can't find file for package 'Ngbrdg'

History:UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine "

These Mods and Maps all worked before without any problems..now they just crash...! I placed the proper .utx,.uax.,etc. in the proper sub-directories as before...dont know a whole lot about troubleshooting UT99, never had much problem with it....
Can anyone help or have any ideas why UT99 crashes at starting up these Mods and/or Maps...?
Thanks....James

medor

Mar 15, 2009
Looks like the map zip misses a file called ngbrdg.utx

Better download the utx instead of the uz file if you'll merely play the map...

ok1.gif

jimlp1

Nov 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
thanks guy's...! Darkmedor, I got the 2 files downloaded, installed Acorp GM and upon running Acorp GM it asks, "Please Locate UT Directory" since my UT is on E:\UnrealTournament I select it from the drive paths available, and Acorp GM brings up an error message stating that " The Specified Folder: E:\UnrealTournament does not contain a valid directory structure, Please Try again. And there's two buttons, Ok and Cancel....? I play UT all the time, its where I installed UT from the two CD's.... Why is Acorp GM saying its not a valid directory structure...?
James.....

medor

Mar 15, 2009
take the NeoNite link and put this file in E:\UnrealTournament\Textures it's all

may be after an other file missing with message:
Can't find file for package '.............'

No ned locate directorie for uncompress a uz file with Acorp.
juste clic button tool/pakage decompressor and paste in the file to decopress and where you whant to find it (desktop for exemple)
ngbrdg.utx.uz whase after ngbrdg.utx

uz files are compress files for redirection server velocity

Last edited:

jimlp1

Nov 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
Darkmedor, thanks but I'm lost....I do notice that Acorp GM directory now has a Icon with the UT99 Logo, but I have no idea what to do with it as I know nothing about this GM...and I cant find any help files or documents about it to learn it.....
James.

jimlp1

Nov 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
Thanks every one...!

I finaaly got it working the whole thing is...I dont know what I did or didnt do...? Yet, I do believe it was the one file I downloaded that was a different File.ext then the others instead of the one I was using that came with the Mod/Map....my outdoors graphics are real good but the indoor graphics are a bit off, running 3D ATi Radeon 4200 on board graphics....I think it will work cuz I tried to switch it to 32 bit high resolution, but UT99 set it back to 16 bit..?
Thanks for all of help guy's its good to have people who know what's going on with UT99...I love that game, that's why I download some other Maps and Mods to change the scenery and the strategy....!
James.....

jimlp1

Nov 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
darkmedor, sorry I'm not complicated...I just dont know all the knowledge most people do about UT99 or any other games, I'm not a huge Gamer....I'd like to learn...but how does one learn anything about a game...? I've bookmarked your URL's and I will be looking at all the stuff you have at these sites, again Thanks for all the HELP.....wish I knew German too...lol
James.....