UT3 strange change in lag and display

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rabid_Hamster

Mar 15, 2009
System specs are

windows xp
intel core 2 duo E6550 @ 2.33 GHz
2.00 GB ram
Msi 8600 GT

i run with the game settings maxed @ around 45 fps

So I have been playing UT3 for a while now and recently out of now where I picked up a good 40 ms of ping and shots i fire are not always displayed (hitting invisible shock combos for the win). Also occasionally i get wierd things such as mounting the hoverboard makes the camera view where i last died, or spawning without weapons until i scroll, or just spawning with enforcer and piston and i have to run and pick up weapons.

This occurs heavily on umg and pub's warfare servers. But will occur elsewhere as well. The hard thing about this is i can not isolate the problems. After patch 2.0 my performance improved, and now out of nowhere its unplayable to extremely annoying at best.

prior to this i would get some minor stuff like pulse on link not displaying (reclick and it would), or a weapon stickingnext to my character. was never a big enough or common enough problem to find out whats wrong but thought i would post it now :p