Tutorial for creating cars?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Camorra2084

Dec 9, 2008
Hello,

i managed to download the mod, after trying for about half a year (i finally realized how to use a download manager ;) )

My question is, if someone can tell me how to build an own car. I already made a model with uv and textures and i know how to import it into ut04 as a static mesh or as an animated mesh.
I already imported it as a replacement of an existing car, and got it into the game. But there are some problems:
1. it won't move (guess it is something about "karma", right?)
2.the lights are not in the right place
3. exhaust-smoke is not where i placed the exhaust bones
4. ...

I hope there is a tutorial somewhere, i really would like the car to be in game.

Camorra2084

Dec 9, 2008
Yes, I only have Ut2004 here, i didn't know there is an unwheel-mod for ut3 at this time.
Unforunately the demo version of ut3 did not work on my pc, so i did not buy the complete game, although i don't know why it doesn't work... i got all the officially required system specifications.

After building the collision cube, the car moves now, but it is steering in the wrong direction and many things are not as they should be, like the position of the lights and such. I also realized that the wheels rotate in the wrong direction - sideways like paddels, and after file import (from milkshape) the skeleton isrotated by 180 degrees or mirrored.

I guess it is not possible for me to fulfil this project without more knowledge of unwheel, or skripting experience, right?

Sorry for answering so late, i only got a private internet-connection on some weekends...

Salutations,
Cam

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Camorra2084, it sounds like your bones are aligned on the wrong axis. I have done that myself; odd, they will still drive with the wheels spinning on the wrong axis:p The headlights, brakelights, driver position and exhaust are done with a xyz coordinate, like x=9,y=4,z=23. You can do it by trial and error, but it is easier to add a small object, and place it where the lights are to be, and write down the xyz coordinate. Just beware, because some 3d programs don't use a z up system, so you have to translate the xyz from the 3d program to Unreal.
I tried to find the old UDN vehicles documents, but they seem to be gone now.