The Ball: Media Frenzy!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Tons of great stuff from the team behind The Ball, including a pair of videos, a weekly internal Q&A and news of a 10 Mad Days of Screenshots special coming up in about a week. We're about to get a full dose of The Ball and it's looking great!

The first internal Q&A up is a quick chat with Anton Botvalde, gameplay scripter for The Ball. A snip:

Q: What has been the most challenging thing you have done on the game?

A: I think that has to be the first version of Survival, our alternative game mode. I made it entirely myself in Kismet, the level scripting tool, which was fun but challenging. Before I officially started working on The Ball I was doing semi research of what we actually needed to get the levels working, that was a fun but challenging time as well, since everything was completely new for me.

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
Wow can't wait till it hits retail :D

P.S.: Collector's Edition to include a ball please? :)
Maybe even the game's main weapon miniaturised as an "opens all" swiss knife thingie (in case you'd get stuck with your thrist at a dig site) :)

Can't wait till the first "I slept with your mummy" and "my ball was bouncing all over the place" kind of T-shirts :eek:

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Yeah but we mainly use it for the team. Feel free to join though, would be nice to turn the channel into a more public place.

irc.quakenet.org #theball

Interesting, but the plot is definitely not the strongest point of it
Keep an eye out on the site around mid July :)
We are starting our weekly story sessions then. The background plot is actually really complex and cool, but of course it is first and foremost still a puzzle and action game.

More awesome news coming up soon!