Server connection issue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nt40lanman

Old School
Dec 13, 2011
Hi all. I'm a player from way back. I haven't played in a long time and while I dominated my friends, I would have gotten squashed in the public servers.

Anyway, I decided to put up a private server and see if I could get a few friends interested again. I put it on a laptop and started a dedicated server. My desktop will see it in "Lan Games" and connect to it but the game will never start and the video will get jumpy or bounce me backwards. I also occasionally get the red "disconnected" icon on the right. I've rebooted it, re-copied the files, added a pcmcia network card, and all for nada. If I start the server on my original old computer, it all works fine. The laptop is a Latitude D600. Any suggestions?