Problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Firos12

Mar 11, 2008
Hey all,

I seem to be having a problem with UT 3, I keep getting "UT3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." The game installs fine, but when I try to run it, I get as far as the Enter CD-key screen. Then the game closes and takes me to the desktop and displays this error. I've tried uninstalling it and re-installing in the Program Files even in a new directory. I've tried all patches avalible for UT 3 and nothing seems to fix it. Can someone tell me what I can do to fix this issue? the strange thing is, before I reformatted the PC the game worked fine. The I reformatted with a fresh install of windows, transferred some space to Linux and such. That's the only thing I did different.

AMD Opteron 175 Denmark 2.2 Ghz Dual Core
2 Gigs of ram
GeForce 8500GT 512.

Last edited by a moderator:

Firos12

Mar 11, 2008
FIXED IT!

To all who is having this problem, go into your documents and then My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UT Game/Config/UTEngine.ini search for PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled and set this to true if it's false.