new Soundcard/headphones need your help guys

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nircc

Jun 2, 2009
hey
im playing tactical ops wich is a game/mod of UT99
it works the same as UT99 and its just look as CS

i got new sound card+headphones
XONAR DS/ATH 700 and i want to know how i enable EAX in Tactical Ops?
when i go to Console>prefernces>drivers>audio

i see GALAXY 3D AUDIO and i cant choose my audio card...

i remmber once i had files that added me the EAX option....
but now i dont have them and dont have a clue how to add it ?

maybe you guys can help me ,i know this ut forum but UT/TO FILES are pretty much the same...

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
Hello, nircc.
To be honest, UT99 questions are better asked over at the UT99.org forum. It is far more active than here (most postings here, are in the off-topic thread).

You don't have to choose the card with the Galaxy audio renderer.
I think the files you are referring to, are the "eal" files installed with the Creative Labs EAX patch.
These are only made for the base UT maps. Each map requires an "eal" file.
These files contain the info telling UT where in the map to use certain effects.

The audio renderer has 2 entries in the advanced prefs.
1 where you choose which audio driver to use (if you have installed others). The other is where you configure the chosen driver.

Other drivers you can install (OpenAL, FMOD) will allow you to specifically choose your sound card.
OpenAL driver also supports EAX, and is more up to date, has better surround sound positioning, and allows more channels.

OldUnreal made a multimedia update package (OMP) to add missing audio and video features.
I have my updated version (with the Galaxy EAX files and OpenAL system files), on my site :D

http://my.opera.com/dr-flay/blog/unreal
Scroll down the page to "Essential UT Addons and Upgrades"

nircc

Jun 2, 2009
first i wanna thank you for help
i used the update pack
and now when igo console>preferences>drivers igot 2 options
ALAudio subsystem
FMODaudio audio device

same for console>preferences>audio
i got ALAudio and FMOD audio
wich 1 should i choose?
and wich settings should iput ?

thanks for hhelp again,if uneed i can post apic

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
It is my pleasure to help.

Here is what I see in my UT (see attached pic) .
I mostly use OpenAL as I play with a quadraphonic setup, and I find that the sound positioning is more accurate than the Galaxy driver.
I use Galaxy audio only when playing the original maps (look in the "eal" folder created in your UT folder, to see which maps have files made for them).

OpenAL is made by Creative Labs and nVidia. It supports EAX extensions, but does not load the "eal" files (only the patched Galaxy driver does).

If you hear clicks and scratchy sounds, check that you installed the newer version of the OpenAL system files (I included the utility that shows your installed OAL info)
The package on my site includes all the original OldUnreal files, including the OMP documentation. It explains the difference between the 3 audio drivers.

I found that the FMOD driver was using about 40% of my CPU so I don't use it. It may be fine for you.

UT allows up to 64 channels to be selected for soundFX. I have set mine to 56, so there are 8 spare for music. UT uses multi-channel mod files (up to 16 channel)

Your new sound card probably supports 48000 Hz as a native frequency, so you can probably set it to that without any lag. If not set it to 44100.

ALDevices setting will probably need to be set to "GenericHardware"
FMODDevices will show the name of your card and you can select that.
The setting "UseOriginalUnreal" changes how sound levels are over distances. You will have to decide which you prefer.
I'm not sure about the "DopplerFactor", as the only documentation I have is for the Galaxy drivers "DopplerSpeed" option (it could be the same thing).

That should do you :D

Attachments

• Audio-settings.png
    Audio-settings.png
    67 KB · Views: 12